Enemy Weaknesses

#1nam-capPosted 2/15/2014 1:53:10 PM
I find some enemies extremely annoying to kill (turtles, or the Koh-Tumeekey) and was just wondering if there were certain weaknesses for most (if not all) enemies in the game.

I know for the turtles you can Unite Guts when they try to stomp on you, causing them to flip over (although, I'm quite bad at this). Are there any other enemy weaknesses that make enemies much easier to kill other so that I don't have to continually wail on them?
#2SBK91Posted 2/15/2014 5:53:20 PM
although, I'm quite bad at this

Run straight to their feet, and don't attack if it's giving you trouble. Hammer Cyclone can deal great damage to them, but Hand is safer and more consistent. Sword Cyclone is great for getting two of them to tip over at once.

Are there any other enemy weaknesses that make enemies much easier to kill other so that I don't have to continually wail on them?

Unite Big Immorta is the obvious solution to everything (as is Unite Big in general), but is' bad form' for normal enemies (super OP and you don't learn anything using it).

Generally, whenever you stun a launchable enemy, switch to Hand, launch then beat the crap out of them in the air (as Hand Rising is very strong and juggling gives you more time to pound them).

Koh-Tumeekey, hit them with whatever Morph they're mimicking for extra damage and to shatter. Bomb Attack Liner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7bjem9Lg2s) murders Koh-Tumeekeys, the larger miniboss variant, every type of Dora (panthers), the flying pods with anti-Morph fields, giant crabs, snakes, Vaakis, and Jerghinga. Can be good for tanks (breaking shield). You can make it work on other enemies, but it's finicky. Bomb is the easiest way of dealing with infantry and infantry leaders, followed by Whip.

For small UFOs, use Sword Cyclone, Bomb or Gun.

Diedough Goos are best approached with Hand or spamming Gun Stinger/Cyclone. Claws work too.

Easy way to break a tank's shield is Big. Otherwise, it's Bomb Liner, Hammer, Gun Stinger, and deflecting attacks. If you stagger one and it still has its armor, toss it with Whip.

I'm rather fond of Ice Whip for Dahkats. They tend to run away, Whip Cyclone deals great damage while freezing them.

Nyerks, stick to Sword Skills. Rising to a few normal hits to Cyclone then dodge and repeat.

Claws deal the most damage to the giant T Rex things while they're on their feet (Hand tends to miss hits from the ground), use Cyclone with Ice Claws and combo strings with Fire.

You can use Whip to pull snakes out of the ground when they stick up their tales. After Bomb, Hand's the best way to kill them quickly.

Bomb helps a lot for Ankhoos, Gun Cyclone ruins them. Gun Cyclone is also one of the best ways to damage Die Wrecksems, though you may want to use Hand/Sword to stagger it (jump up and pound on the cannons).

Whip+Dodge Mine is the best way to handle Vorkken without Big.
#3nam-cap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 9:56:34 AM
Wow, I couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you! This should make killing enemies much easier and much less tedious.
#4Setnaro XPosted 2/18/2014 5:03:10 PM
Some turtle strategies.

The turtles will attack you depending on where you are positioned. If you stand very close to their feet, they will attempt to physically stomp you. This is where you can use Unite Guts in order to block them. On successful block, they will tip over on their feet, prompting you to attack as quickly as possible to get them to land on their back. When they are tipping and lying on their back, you can use any weapon you want without the worry of getting it destroyed by their armor.

If you stand very far away from the turtles, they'll usually attempt to attack you with that fire attack that scorches from beneath the ground. This can be pretty annoying especially when focusing on one turtle, so the best way to avoid it is to use and keep Unite Hand out at all times. Rather then getting hit by the flames, it will absorb the heat and dish out fire attacks.

If you stand far enough in front of them, they will attempt to snap at you with their bite, and their necks will stretch out and attempt to reach you. This is NOT blockable. You'll need to be on the lookout for this one, and if you don't already have it, equip and use Hero Time (dodging at the last possible second) in order to avoid any damages while also slowing down time. You might drop your teammates if you get an insanely close call, but as long as hero time activates, you'll be safe from any damages.

Using hammer is the best way to quickly destroy their shells. Hammer cyclone does the job. If you manage to break the turtle's shell, you can use whip on their tails to turn them off for a short period of time. Useful when you want to stop one turlte and focus on another.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#5Soniv4Ever10Posted 2/18/2014 5:16:49 PM
Setnaro X posted...

If you stand far enough in front of them, they will attempt to snap at you with their bite, and their necks will stretch out and attempt to reach you. This is NOT blockable. You'll need to be on the lookout for this one

As an added note, their eyes glow red when they're about to do this.
---
Sakurai will literally die for SSB4 and when it comes out,fans will gather around his grave and grimly remark "Still not as good as Melee"