What kind of game is this?

#1hijokaidenPosted 7/13/2014 6:03:23 AM
I looked at some pictures and it doesnt look very appealing...
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#2SBK91Posted 7/13/2014 11:08:02 AM
It's an Action game like Bayonetta or DMC with some shmup and platforming sections mixed in.
#3HakuMan111386Posted 7/13/2014 6:34:31 PM(edited)
Does each super-hero you can control and use have their own unique special power or are they generic and all the same?
#4LordofFEZeldaPosted 7/13/2014 6:54:13 PM
All of the characters you get, excluding temporary/secret side characters, are capable of using a total of 7 different weapons, with some others sharing a weapon but having a unique ability to it.
#5HakuMan111386Posted 7/13/2014 6:57:44 PM
LordofFEZelda posted...
All of the characters you get, excluding temporary/secret side characters, are capable of using a total of 7 different weapons, with some others sharing a weapon but having a unique ability to it.

Like what kind of weapons? Sorry, I don't mean to be annoying asking about it. I just want to know so I have an idea of what to expect if I play. I would look up a video, but I want to avoid possible spoilers.
#6LordofFEZeldaPosted 7/13/2014 7:04:15 PM
HakuMan111386 posted...
LordofFEZelda posted...

Like what kind of weapons? Sorry, I don't mean to be annoying asking about it. I just want to know so I have an idea of what to expect if I play. I would look up a video, but I want to avoid possible spoilers.

The 7 main weapons are Fist, Sword, Gun, Whip, Hammer, Claws and Bomb. Basically, you use your 100-man team to draw lines(doesn't matter if it's on the Gamepad or with the analog stick) and form a shape to create a weapon for fighting. You can also press X instead of A when forming a weapon to have the other characters create a second weapon(up to fifth based on your choice) to attack automatically.
#7SBK91Posted 7/13/2014 7:44:06 PM
All of the characters you get, excluding temporary/secret side characters, are capable of using a total of 7 different weapons,

8 counting Drill.
#8hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 10:30:33 PM
Does this game have a story? Is the focus on multiplayer?
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#9LordofFEZeldaPosted 7/14/2014 6:03:07 AM
It's mainly a story-based game that lasts 10-15 hours, but there are SOOO many secrets after beating the game. I have almost 30 hours on my file and there are still a lot of things for me to see. There is a multiplayer mode as well, but there's not too much to it.

As for the story itself, it's like a Saturday morning cartoon except far cheesier, far more creative, and I've never laughed harder at any other game in my life, and I've played Ace Attorney and Disgaea!
#10thelastgogetaPosted 7/14/2014 9:00:04 AM
HakuMan111386 posted...
LordofFEZelda posted...

There are also weapons or tools that the enemy drops like in The Legend of Zelda Windwaker or Bayonetta which can be used, some of them are similar to weapons you can get later in the game or post-game but others are pretty fresh. They all degrade eventually, but they are useful for damage, getting points (they have a good points bonus) and mixing up your combos without using any morphs.

Unite Morphs cost energy to activate on the default mode, so you won't be able to throw out tons of them if you don't know/equip methods to regain energy fast or manage your energy well to begin with. The hardest mode makes enemies harsh, reduces the slowdown you get for activating morphs and makes Morph energy costs more realistic I suppose... >_>

The game doesn't stick to one genre to put it simply so many weapons will get to see alternative uses or you will just get to see new ideas for some sections of the game.

hijokaiden posted...
Is the focus on multiplayer?

There are 6 missions of varying difficulty you can play from the beginning with up to five players locally, but that isn't the focus of the game.

They provide a few interesting challenges if you are on your own or just from how you can steal men from your friends, before I even mention the removal of slowdown and other elements, but you'll want to play the main game even if Wonderful Missions (the multiplayer) is a nice way to warm up for a session and takes your score.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!