Any broken strategies worth knowing?

#1HeroicSomaCruzPosted 7/24/2014 10:51:37 PM
Or just anything good in general. Getting Bronze on the second level is a real esteem booster. > >
---
NNID: OgnarPliskin. I stream games. Dark Souls, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and more.
twitch.tv/ognarpliskin
#2Soniv4Ever10Posted 7/24/2014 11:29:00 PM
There's plenty of broken things to use if you want to kill things as quickly as possible, but there's nothing that will just give you ranks for free. Either way if this is your first playthrough you shouldn't be worried about that stuff at all. You'll constantly be getting new tools throughout the game, and the game throws a lot of new enemies at you as you progress too. Just play the game and don't worry about it, you're not going to get good at it until you're familiar with the enemies and have more stuff to work with.
---
"Never forget that people are very willing to give their opinion on things they know nothing about."
#3HeroicSomaCruz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 11:31:15 PM
I like to use multi-swords (Sword formation + X, repeat).
---
NNID: OgnarPliskin. I stream games. Dark Souls, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and more.
twitch.tv/ognarpliskin
#4LordofFEZeldaPosted 7/25/2014 9:49:16 AM
If you're having trouble getting combo points, try combining multi-unites with the gun. The gun itself adds very few combo points, but each shot increases the combo multiplier by .10. If you use the gun yourself while using multi-unites then you can get a lot of combo points.

If your problem is getting hit a lot or not being able to finish missions fast enough, that's just going to take practice.
#5HeroicSomaCruz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 11:36:57 AM
I don't have the gun yet, but will keep in mind.
---
twitch.tv/ognarpliskin
#6HeroicSomaCruz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 11:04:18 PM
Okay, just beat Laambo, but sadly died while doing it. On my second life, I chose to just do Sword + X repeatedly around him so he'd stop blocking me.

We're getting somewhere.
---
twitch.tv/ognarpliskin
#7Kletian999Posted 7/29/2014 11:57:27 AM
Mid game, you get Unite Bomb. Buying the Attack liner and running your line in loops through enemies during Unite Bomb will do ludicrous damage to anything that isn't a boss (Bosses cancel the time slow effect).
#8SBK91Posted 7/29/2014 3:15:47 PM
Buying the Attack liner and running your line in loops through enemies during Unite Bomb will do ludicrous damage to anything that isn't a boss (Bosses cancel the time slow effect).

It works against Wonder Jerghingha, Laambo, his brother, and occasionally Vorkken. There are normal enemies it doesn't affect like Diedough Goos, Die Wreck-sems, Nyerks, and you need to be in the air or have launched the dinosaurs for it to take. Probably several examples I'm forgetting of both.

Also, Sword X attacks are hax, Gun and Hand 4life.
#9BlackPhoenix127Posted 7/29/2014 7:46:44 PM
You're probably using the sword a lot. FYI the Fist has more attack power so keep that in mind. If you're new to this game then just try to have fun. This game has a learning curve. There's a strategy and process to basically every enemy you'll come across. Just realize that what you have access to at this moment is extremely limited. Your first playthrough in this game is basically just a way to unlock more abilities so that you can begin experimenting and getting good on your second playthrough.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge