So from what I understand...

#21thelastgogetaPosted 8/3/2014 8:47:09 PM
Soniv4Ever10 posted...
IIRC you might not have to unlock anything for Bomb because it has them from the start.

I'm not 100% sure about this. The game doesn't "unlock" them in the same way with a prompt telling you that you have them and being in the movelist but when I started a new file to practice Magic Morphs, the game didn't let me use any of the skills in the Wonderful Missions for any morph including Bomb.

This implied that you have to unlock the moves in the story like everything else but probably get them so quickly that you don't get to notice since we don't know for sure. I'll give it a look on my next run.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#22PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 9:24:56 PM
thelastgogeta posted...

Oh and some Wonderful Ones have unique skills as well like Wonder Beer and Wonder Toilet who run at a good speed even with a morph out (you should have both already).

I've used Wonder Beer, but I was unaware of the unique skills. Are they noted in-game or is there a list of some sort online?
---
PSN: PiraTe_HuNTer99
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#23thelastgogetaPosted 8/3/2014 9:47:42 PM
There isn't a good list yet, even with those two folks debating earlier in the thread, I think we only know about three of them for now and only one is one that you don't have immediately and we know not too much about...

Wonder Future - Triple Risings despite only 2 Jumps by default: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSRP3bzcNc

You'll have to figure them out yourself, but will probably get through the game without having to think about it much. It is a nice extra incentive to use another leader, not something game changing though that third rising and other stuff like that could be really big for combo videos.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#24PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 4:44:14 PM
I'm getting the hang of this game, and Energy Converter is so damn good, especially with Attack Liner. Still need more money to buy dodge mine and unite charge
---
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#25PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 9:20:04 AM
Does the damage of a morph change based on the leader or just the size? Like if I use unite hand as wonder yeti (silver rank) will it be weaker than if I use wonder red (platinum rank)?
---
#26thelastgogetaPosted 8/5/2014 10:40:22 AM
PirateHunter99 posted...
I'm getting the hang of this game, and Energy Converter is so damn good, especially with Attack Liner. Still need more money to buy dodge mine and unite charge

Yep, with that you have to worry about managing health a lot less and get more room to experiment not that it will do much for the ranks even if combined with Unite Bomb acquired in the middle of the story, it can kill enemies in seconds. >_>

Dodge mine is good like those guys said, but I'm too used to drawing to get into the habit of using Unite Charge even if I bought everything. I should look into it and how it works with Magic Morphs, it seems like it would be very good when in tight spots.

PirateHunter99 posted...
Does the damage of a morph change based on the leader or just the size? Like if I use unite hand as wonder yeti (silver rank) will it be weaker than if I use wonder red (platinum rank)?

Nope, it doesn't change the damage at all. Only the size of morphs and properties that you collect like Fire or Lightning which you can also gain for Hand and Sword if you get to 2.5x combo multiplier (this is the best method).
---
Get The Wonderful 101!
#27SBK91Posted 8/5/2014 6:28:32 PM
The only time you would ever be dodging against a tank is when it has a shield.

Recently deshielded tanks have a habit of attacking without warning, and buddies (including non-tanks) can clip you off screen. Drill Spring+Dodge Mine kills them fast while leaving you completely safe.

If you're not, you're too slow.

Oh, duh. I was only thinking of Guts counters.

It throws out a counter attack with the largest morph you can currently make for no meter cost

Wasn't aware of that. Does it through out a tank shot if you're using Gun?

It's totally irrelevant against every C operation boss

001-C Laambo, keeps pressure up while allowing you to attack (if you choose to forego Bomb) Also works against the dragon. 004-C, can glitch for great damage when destroying the final core, no downsides. 007-C, no downsides and extra damage against Vaaiki.

I would imagine most people that know what they're doing don't draw so slowly they're open to get hit while switching weapons,

And when the other Wonderful Ones are busy screwing with drawing by auto attacking, it can't decide if it wants to go Whip/Claw, Gun/Boomerang or Hand/Bomb/Drill while tanks are shooting you with bombs/beams, why not?

The small boost in damage output

The damage from Drill Spring is by no means insignificant.

Then there's the fact that two secret characters have it pretty much built in already, so I could choose to use it at any moment and keep the normal dodge at the same time since I don't have to turn it on/off from a menu.

But if it's worth it with the secret characters, why wouldn't it be worth it regularly?
#28PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 6:59:19 PM
What does "Fully Automatic" do? I don't know how or when I got it, but I noticed it when I was equipping custom blocks.

Also, if I choose to redo a stage on an easier or harder difficulty during my first playthrough, do I keep all of my unlocked abilities or am I restricted by the stage? (Like if I'm playing on Normal and got to operation 007 but want to replay the mission where you meet Wonder White on Easy, will I still have White and Black's abilities?)

About to start Operation 008 btw
---
#29UbberDevilPosted 8/5/2014 7:47:17 PM
PirateHunter99 posted...
What does "Fully Automatic" do? I don't know how or when I got it, but I noticed it when I was equipping custom blocks.

Also, if I choose to redo a stage on an easier or harder difficulty during my first playthrough, do I keep all of my unlocked abilities or am I restricted by the stage? (Like if I'm playing on Normal and got to operation 007 but want to replay the mission where you meet Wonder White on Easy, will I still have White and Black's abilities?)

About to start Operation 008 btw

Yes, everything you get is permanent unless you start a new file.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#30Soniv4Ever10Posted 8/5/2014 11:25:09 PM
SBK91 posted...

001-C Laambo, keeps pressure up while allowing you to attack (if you choose to forego Bomb) Also works against the dragon. 004-C, can glitch for great damage when destroying the final core, no downsides. 007-C, no downsides and extra damage against Vaaiki.

That doesn't change anything about its irrelevance when those scenarios are at the tail end of each boss fight and it's still heavily outclassed in all of them. Even when it isn't getting it in the way, the fact that it's unnecessary doesn't change.

And when the other Wonderful Ones are busy screwing with drawing by auto attacking

Since when has this ever been a thing?

The damage from Drill Spring is by no means insignificant.

It is when there's only one time I ever needed it for anything, and it still needed Double Power to accomplish that.

But if it's worth it with the secret characters, why wouldn't it be worth it regularly?

I never said that, only that I had the option to use it at any specific moment if I ever chose to.
---
"Never forget that people are very willing to give their opinion on things they know nothing about."