So from what I understand...

#31PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 2:15:08 AM
UbberDevil posted...
PirateHunter99 posted...
What does "Fully Automatic" do? I don't know how or when I got it, but I noticed it when I was equipping custom blocks.

Also, if I choose to redo a stage on an easier or harder difficulty during my first playthrough, do I keep all of my unlocked abilities or am I restricted by the stage? (Like if I'm playing on Normal and got to operation 007 but want to replay the mission where you meet Wonder White on Easy, will I still have White and Black's abilities?)

About to start Operation 008 btw

Yes, everything you get is permanent unless you start a new file.

Ok thanks. And what does "Fully Automatic" do?
---
PSN: PiraTe_HuNTer99
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#32JerickoXPosted 8/6/2014 2:22:54 AM
W101 is still better than 99.9999% of the generic CoD crap being sold forcibly today. But, IMO W101 is Kamiya's worst game. However, it comes down to this: if you like Kamiya's games, why aren't you already playing this? Chop chop.
---
The problem is not the constraints of the retail market, it's the constraints of an executive's brain. - Jim Sterling.
#33thelastgogetaPosted 8/6/2014 3:30:33 AM
PirateHunter99 posted...
UbberDevil posted...
PirateHunter99 posted...
What does "Fully Automatic" do? I don't know how or when I got it, but I noticed it when I was equipping custom blocks.

Also, if I choose to redo a stage on an easier or harder difficulty during my first playthrough, do I keep all of my unlocked abilities or am I restricted by the stage? (Like if I'm playing on Normal and got to operation 007 but want to replay the mission where you meet Wonder White on Easy, will I still have White and Black's abilities?)

I hear it allows you to do automatic combos by holding the A button but have never used it as it isn't unlocked unless you beat the prologue on Easy or Very Easy. I've only played Normal, Hard and 101% Hard (only changing difficulty for a new run as I'm a stubborn one - eventually I'll beat 101% Hard and try to go Platinum).

A good number of players turn it off from what I can tell as it can mess with combos and other inputs despite being a crutch for new players not used to action games.

I recommend not equipping it based on that but admit again that I haven't used it. Give it a shot before dismissing it perhaps.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#34PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:52:41 AM
thelastgogeta posted...
PirateHunter99 posted...
UbberDevil posted...
PirateHunter99 posted...

I hear it allows you to do automatic combos by holding the A button but have never used it as it isn't unlocked unless you beat the prologue on Easy or Very Easy. I've only played Normal, Hard and 101% Hard (only changing difficulty for a new run as I'm a stubborn one - eventually I'll beat 101% Hard and try to go Platinum).

A good number of players turn it off from what I can tell as it can mess with combos and other inputs despite being a crutch for new players not used to action games.

I recommend not equipping it based on that but admit again that I haven't used it. Give it a shot before dismissing it perhaps.

But I've never beat the prologue on either of those difficulties. I've only played Normal. I might try it, but if what you said it's true then it really would mess with me and become a nuisance lol. The only time I played a difficulty other than normal was when I accidentally played Operation 007-B on Easy mode without knowing I changed the difficulty, so then I replayed it on Normal
---
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#35thelastgogetaPosted 8/6/2014 5:46:37 AM
Perhaps you get it for playing Easy or less on any mission but people wrote "Prologue" on the net as most players will pick a difficulty and stick to it instead of investigating how an unlock system works.

This game would have been better if no exclusive unlocks were hidden behind easy mode or lower anyway. It isn't really worth anyone's time who gets through Normal or above eventually to dig through earlier difficulties from what I can tell.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#36PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 2:52:36 PM
So... finally beat the game (on Normal). Started Operation 001 on Hard, looked up how to unlock Bayonetta and realized... this is gonna take a while.

And Wonder Goggles is cool to look at... just not that great to use
---
#37thelastgogetaPosted 8/6/2014 3:15:09 PM
To date, I have avoided knowledge of how to unlock the extra characters...
Let me take a look...

So from what I understand... I have to unlock a lot of the bottlecap/achievements as a means to get those characters. That wasn't exactly what I was expecting (hoping for either them to be REALLY well hidden or the objectives to be closer tied to the characters) but with nearly three runs done, I should be close to one or two of them by now or at least a good enough player that I can run back to Hard and below and get someone with relative ease.

If you really want Bayonetta she seems to be the most work of them all. :P

Googles isn't the most practical morph but it is made for combo videos still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyOQpQ-Y_PE

I'm not going to knock it till I get a chance to try it for more than an epilogue.
---
Get The Wonderful 101!
#38PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 6:35:25 PM
Well s***, I didn't even realize I had to unlock those other guys to use their abilities lol (Immorta, Chewgi, Vorkken, Luka)
---
#39SBK91Posted 8/7/2014 3:20:03 PM
That doesn't change anything about its irrelevance

It's free damage with no downsides. Why not use it?

when those scenarios are at the tail end of each boss fight

Laambo's mid 001-C.

it's still heavily outclassed in all of them.

I should hope so. The others don't offer invincibility.

Even when it isn't getting it in the way, the fact that it's unnecessary doesn't change.

Necessity=/=usefulness. You get through your first playthrough without Big, that does not mean Big is not useful.

Since when has this ever been a thing?

Since always?

It is when there's only one time I ever needed it for anything,

I never needed Hero Counter for anything, does that make it insignificant?

I never said that, only that I had the option to use it at any specific moment if I ever chose to.

But why would you ever choose to if it wasn't beneficial?

And Wonder Goggles is cool to look at... just not that great to use

Goggles is really effective against Diedough-Goos (competitive with Hand and Gun). High damage and blows right through their guard. Haven't tried it on anything else.
#40thelastgogetaPosted 8/7/2014 3:35:36 PM
SBK91 posted...
Goggles is really effective against Diedough-Goos (competitive with Hand and Gun). High damage and blows right through their guard. Haven't tried it on anything else.

Since reflected lasers work on the Space Amoeba Slime Thing/Nyerk, does Wonderful Forever or Googles work on them as well? I can assume that it works on all armoured enemies if so, spiked or not... though I should just try out the enemy weapon equivalents.
---
Get The Wonderful 101!