So from what I understand...

#41PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 6:55:27 PM
Speaking of spiked enemies, is Whip the only way to get through the spikes? I don't have Goggles unlocked just yet (haven't done the requirements), but I do have Wonderful Forever. Is that more efficient?
---
PSN: PiraTe_HuNTer99
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#42megasoniczxxPosted 8/7/2014 8:27:15 PM
PirateHunter99 posted...
Speaking of spiked enemies, is Whip the only way to get through the spikes? I don't have Goggles unlocked just yet (haven't done the requirements), but I do have Wonderful Forever. Is that more efficient?

Whip is the best way though i'm sure hammer can be used too. If the whip is the only way though making a big whip can basically get rid of the armor in one hit instead of multiple ones.
---
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135
#43PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 2:50:14 AM
Cool, thanks.

Also, for secret missions and Kahkoo-Regahs, do I need to do them on every difficulty or does just 1 suffice?

I'm almost done with my Hard playthrough :D
---
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#44Soniv4Ever10Posted 8/8/2014 6:30:25 AM
PirateHunter99 posted...

Also, for secret missions and Kahkoo-Regahs, do I need to do them on every difficulty or does just 1 suffice?

You have to complete the Kahkoo-Regahs on 3 difficulty levels (they only show up on Normal, Hard, and 101% Hard). You have to complete the secret missions on every difficulty level, but you don't have to finish a whole level to do that. You can just play up to the secret mission and complete it, get to the next checkpoint where the game saves, then exit the level.
---
"Never forget that people are very willing to give their opinion on things they know nothing about."
#45PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 3:27:13 PM
Soniv4Ever10 posted...
PirateHunter99 posted...

You have to complete the Kahkoo-Regahs on 3 difficulty levels (they only show up on Normal, Hard, and 101% Hard). You have to complete the secret missions on every difficulty level, but you don't have to finish a whole level to do that. You can just play up to the secret mission and complete it, get to the next checkpoint where the game saves, then exit the level.

Alrighty then.

The Kahkoo-Regah in Operation 006-B on hard mode though... kicking my ass...
---
#46PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2014 4:40:10 PM
YES! I finally beat it... that soul-wrenching mission...
---
#47PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 9:18:26 AM(edited)
I'm having serious trouble now. Secret mission 003, the Kahkoo Regah in Operation 009-B on Hard. Tips on how to beat it?I'm not very good at dealing with flying enemies, especially the ones that prevent me from using morphs...
---
#48PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 10:43:12 AM
Finally did it... had to equip Hero Sense, and learned that I could change custom blocks on the fly. Cool.
---
#49thelastgogetaPosted 8/9/2014 11:16:19 AM
I can't help you that much as I'm not sure if I played that mission (is it the one with multiple of them?), but some general advice is that the little flying enemies that cancel morphs is to focus on them first with a team attack or gun stinger to overwhelm (use Team Attack when they start ending morphs) then kill them as fast as possible.

If you are fighting lots of them, you may be exposed to missiles and other attacks from them which adds up for something hard to avoid. To survive, use time manipulating skills like Bomb or a perfect dodge with Hero Time will get you some good space.

I'm currently on Operation 8-A in 101% Hard and taking a break after a tough spot in Operation 7-A (a easy secret mission leading up to a tough normal one kept handing my arse to me), the checkpoints and retries (as much as the game punishes you) are definitely there to the point there are midlevel saves but they are not enough to properly cover the type of play the game rewards with all of the backtracking for the extra missions.

On Operation 7-B, REALLY REALLY GOOD. Easily one of the best bosses and operations in general as far as mechanics go, even if the premise is sorta fillerish.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#50PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 1:22:08 PM
thelastgogeta posted...
On Operation 7-B, REALLY REALLY GOOD. Easily one of the best bosses and operations in general as far as mechanics go, even if the premise is sorta fillerish.

Yea it was a cool boss (and easily wrecked by bomb + attack liner)

I finished my hard playthrough but at the cost of a little bit of my own soul. I tried to to do the Kahkoo Regah in the epilogue (defeat gimme's robot (i think it's him? that controls the snakes and throws the cats) without taking any damage) and I retried so many times that I just couldn't anymore... I gave up... Some hero I am :(
---