So from what I understand...

#61PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 10:29:48 AM
Aaaand I win. Just got a perfect on Operation 5C, so I got Punch Out! AND Wonder-Goggles. Wasn't too hard after experiencing that Kahkoo Regah...
---
PSN: PiraTe_HuNTer99
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#62thelastgogetaPosted 8/10/2014 11:14:55 AM
It feels like you caught up with my months of progress in a week. I'll get back to the
game to 101% Hard before you do it. >_>

There are only a few sequences which were super difficult, most of which weren't standard combat sequences as I haven't done all of the secret missions and Kahkoo Regah... I need to use a continue every time I beat the escape sequence in Operation 9C, too much to dodge and no proper control explanation even if it is a short sequence.

Was that tough for you as well? Or do you perfect those parts now?

I noticed another flying sequence where one hit kills you on Hard Mode in Operation 9, that was annoying but I obviously got a pure platinum when I did it so that alleviated the frustration a bit even if a grading system with 6 grades (Consolation, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Pure Platinum) shouldn't only be giving the player only one grade in any part of the game.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#63JD FedulePosted 8/10/2014 12:40:51 PM
You asked about the Epilogue Kahkoo-Regah on 101% Hard. It's Wallgah-Goojin again, except this time not only are you not allowed to take damage but he's invulnerable to everything except KO Punch, so you have to do all the counters and stuff to get stars. If you're really, really good at button-mashing you can KO him in one punch, but most people take two.

A note about the flying part in 009-C; if you're going for Platinum rank, a helpful fact is that damage to the Meizerr doesn't count as damage taken, so you don't need to worry about it as long as it doesn't actually die.

The big changes on 101% are that it costs a battery unit just to bring out a Unite Morph even if you've already got one stored (so you have to keep a very careful eye on your meter if you're going to be dodging lots) and that time doesn't slow down while you're drawing, so you'll often need to be drawing while running in order to not get hit (it also makes Bomb Liner less effective, but it's still pretty handy).
---
You cannot grasp the true form of JD Fedule's signature!
#64Soniv4Ever10Posted 8/10/2014 12:47:39 PM
JD Fedule posted...

A note about the flying part in 009-C; if you're going for Platinum rank, a helpful fact is that damage to the Meizerr doesn't count as damage taken, so you don't need to worry about it as long as it doesn't actually die.

It does count, just for a very small amount. To get a pure platinum you still have to complete that whole section without getting hit.
---
"Never forget that people are very willing to give their opinion on things they know nothing about."
#65thelastgogetaPosted 8/10/2014 12:53:59 PM
Yeah, somehow I forgot to mention the biggest part of 101% Hard mode.
For a new player, you get used to using the slowdown as a tool to read enemy attacks especially as you won't have the Hero Time (and Dodge) or Unite Bomb which cost energy right away.

It means you have to be efficient and get at moving, but it won't feel so different if you play a lot of Wonderful Missions (the reason why I forgot about it). I haven't played Hard or below on this game in a while.

That 101% Kahkoo Regah sounds real tough.

JD Fedule posted...

That is fairly standard for the game that the second health bar doesn't count towards damage taken. I'm just annoyed that I can't make it through to that point most often and when I do even if I don't care about the Meizer. On my first run, I wanted to maintain my own health first, on later runs I know that the Meizer barely sticks around enough to get destroyed.

I'll look into how better players make it when I beat 101% mode, currently in the middle of 8-A.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#66PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 6:48:53 PM
thelastgogeta posted...
There are only a few sequences which were super difficult, most of which weren't standard combat sequences as I haven't done all of the secret missions and Kahkoo Regah... I need to use a continue every time I beat the escape sequence in Operation 9C, too much to dodge and no proper control explanation even if it is a short sequence.

Was that tough for you as well? Or do you perfect those parts now?

That escape sequence is annoying. Sometimes I do well, sometimes I don't, but I couldn't perfect it lol. When I control both ships I eventually move my hand so much (for no real reason) that I confuse myself and then hit a bunch of rocks... I haven't actually started a 101% Hard playthrough yet, but I did go into the epilogue on 101% Hard, just to try it out (and the Kahkoo Regah)

JD Fedule posted...
You asked about the Epilogue Kahkoo-Regah on 101% Hard. It's Wallgah-Goojin again, except this time not only are you not allowed to take damage but he's invulnerable to everything except KO Punch, so you have to do all the counters and stuff to get stars. If you're really, really good at button-mashing you can KO him in one punch, but most people take two.

I actually jumped right into that mission once I got 101% Hard difficulty, and it caught me by surprise when he took 0 damage from all attacks. I can get the first KO punch fairly easily, but I always get hit by SOMETHING before I get the chance to get the second one. Nice to hear that he's beatable with one punch though, guess I'm gonna have to go super tryhard to do it.

Also, the lack of slowdown isn't the worst thing ever, but it certainly does put me at a disadvantage. I messed around in Mission Mode with some friends, and I can see the lack of slowdown screwing me over pretty bad in some story missions when I actually start my 101% playthrough. It's even worse because I have never successfully performed a Hero Counter nor do I have consistent timing for Ukemi...
---
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#67PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 6:53:27 PM
Also, this has nothing to do with anything, but I was using Poseman on Operation 009 on Very Easy and it's funny how much damage you do so fast with a 200 man flaming Unite Hand lol
---
#68thelastgogetaPosted 8/11/2014 3:17:40 AM
If you used Magic Morphs, you could have TWO 200 man flaming Unite Hands with one that never ends. :P

Link to description: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673081-the-wonderful-101/69410089

Given how I can wreck most difficulties with the technique with 100 men or less before that comes in, I imagine Very Easy is finished in moments with secret characters and 200 of em.

Your experience with the escape sequence isn't too different to mine, at the very least to my knowledge, the damage isn't adjusted much in the non-combat parts like that so if you get good at it, you are cool for the rest of the game even if scaling is better.

Never got the hang of Hero Counter myself and I haven't bothered with Ukemi despite buying it, so Hero Time is my bread and butter.
---
Get The Wonderful 101!
#69PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 9:32:10 AM
"Magic Morphs" huh? Sounds like a really interesting find. Good stuff, gogeta
---
#70megasoniczxxPosted 8/11/2014 12:59:32 PM
thelastgogeta posted...
If you used Magic Morphs, you could have TWO 200 man flaming Unite Hands with one that never ends. :P

Link to description: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673081-the-wonderful-101/69410089

Given how I can wreck most difficulties with the technique with 100 men or less before that comes in, I imagine Very Easy is finished in moments with secret characters and 200 of em.

Your experience with the escape sequence isn't too different to mine, at the very least to my knowledge, the damage isn't adjusted much in the non-combat parts like that so if you get good at it, you are cool for the rest of the game even if scaling is better.

Never got the hang of Hero Counter myself and I haven't bothered with Ukemi despite buying it, so Hero Time is my bread and butter.

You should give ukemi a try, its surprisingly easy to pull off in this game compared to how it was in viewtiful joe and it really comes in handy if you happen to get hit by a very hard hitting attack.
---
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135