So from what I understand...

#71thelastgogetaPosted 8/11/2014 1:05:28 PM
Saving Ukemi and company for Pure Platinum and Very Easy/Easy, I want to look at my scores and record them before going on a run where I use all of the tools, advanced techniques and exploits that I can get my hands on.

Being able to negate damage completely seems a little too effective for a run where I just want to soak in the challenge with mostly the same tool set that I beat my first run with.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#72PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 6:19:23 PM
megasoniczxx posted...
thelastgogeta posted...
If you used Magic Morphs, you could have TWO 200 man flaming Unite Hands with one that never ends. :P

Link to description: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673081-the-wonderful-101/69410089

Given how I can wreck most difficulties with the technique with 100 men or less before that comes in, I imagine Very Easy is finished in moments with secret characters and 200 of em.

Your experience with the escape sequence isn't too different to mine, at the very least to my knowledge, the damage isn't adjusted much in the non-combat parts like that so if you get good at it, you are cool for the rest of the game even if scaling is better.

Never got the hang of Hero Counter myself and I haven't bothered with Ukemi despite buying it, so Hero Time is my bread and butter.

You should give ukemi a try, its surprisingly easy to pull off in this game compared to how it was in viewtiful joe and it really comes in handy if you happen to get hit by a very hard hitting attack.

Is it easy to pull off? Any tips for the timing? >.>
Like I said, I can't get it consistently, and there are times when I forget I even have it.... same thing with the hero counter, but I accidentally counter stuff now lol

Also, I started my 101% Hard playthrough, but I'm doing it in reverse starting from Operation 007 (Technically I started with the Epilogue, but I'm skipping over 008 and 009 to save them for last.). So I'm going C --> B --> A for the Missions. Just because I feel like it.

And gogeta, that "Magic Morphs" thing is pretty cool, I like to mess around with it during the load screens
---
PSN: PiraTe_HuNTer99
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#73thelastgogetaPosted 8/11/2014 7:16:26 PM
I'm not a user of Ukemi like I said, but I have a few tips.

1) Focus on the leader - Obviously.
2) Practice with environmental hazards like Fire instead of combat.
3) Learn to focus on the timing from being hit (there is a slowdown each time you are hit which helps), instead of the instant of hitting the ground (when you hit the button).

Currently on Operation 008-C and ran away after losing to the Punch Out sequence once, for my runs I play in order and never revisit levels (using Wonderful Missions to experiment or practice instead) while not skipping cutscenes so it still feels like an epic tale rather than an assortment of exciting missions. Once, I lose and checkpoints don't cut it, it takes the wind out of my sails from all of those cutscenes meaning nothing and I skip the cutscenes for retries. >_>

How I play the game means I have to relearn things when I come to them and 101% Giga Goojin hits hard... Making that Kahkooregah everyone mentions seem more like hell. >_>

Yeah, Magic Morphs are pretty cool and it would be even better if one of the hidden Wonderful Ones could use it for an infinite Sword or infinite weapon which never shrinks from skills, since we have other hidden stuff with those guys. I'll try that when I catch up.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#74megasoniczxxPosted 8/11/2014 7:53:53 PM
PirateHunter99 posted...
megasoniczxx posted...
thelastgogeta posted...
If you used Magic Morphs, you could have TWO 200 man flaming Unite Hands with one that never ends. :P

Link to description: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673081-the-wonderful-101/69410089

Given how I can wreck most difficulties with the technique with 100 men or less before that comes in, I imagine Very Easy is finished in moments with secret characters and 200 of em.

Your experience with the escape sequence isn't too different to mine, at the very least to my knowledge, the damage isn't adjusted much in the non-combat parts like that so if you get good at it, you are cool for the rest of the game even if scaling is better.

Never got the hang of Hero Counter myself and I haven't bothered with Ukemi despite buying it, so Hero Time is my bread and butter.

You should give ukemi a try, its surprisingly easy to pull off in this game compared to how it was in viewtiful joe and it really comes in handy if you happen to get hit by a very hard hitting attack.

Is it easy to pull off? Any tips for the timing? >.>
Like I said, I can't get it consistently, and there are times when I forget I even have it.... same thing with the hero counter, but I accidentally counter stuff now lol

Also, I started my 101% Hard playthrough, but I'm doing it in reverse starting from Operation 007 (Technically I started with the Epilogue, but I'm skipping over 008 and 009 to save them for last.). So I'm going C --> B --> A for the Missions. Just because I feel like it.

And gogeta, that "Magic Morphs" thing is pretty cool, I like to mess around with it during the load screens

Like gogeta said you want to focus on the leader but there is also a simpler way to time it too, for me it just kind of came naturally since I get a feel for how long it takes the leader to hit the ground (so sometimes I can pull off a ukemi when the view of the leader is being obstructed) but you want to have a timer in your head for when your leader hits the ground or pay attention to how the camera moves when your hit, its a bit tricky at first but it gets easier as you start to get that feeling for when you want to press the button.

Its a bit hard to explain and honestly i'm not the best at giving advice but I hope this helps a bit.
---
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135
#75UbberDevilPosted 8/12/2014 1:56:00 AM
You know, gogeta, with how much you enjoy this game I'm surprised you don't have more completed with it. You said you didn't want to spoil yourself with how to get secret characters; have you gotten any yet? I only made a point to get one as soon as possible and just got two more today from just doing whatever.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#76PirateHunter99(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 4:18:24 AM
I appreciate the Ukemi tips, guys
---
PSN: PiraTe_HuNTer99
A jack of all trades, but a master of none, is certainly better than a master of one.
#77thelastgogetaPosted 8/12/2014 7:34:34 AM
UbberDevil posted...
You know, gogeta, with how much you enjoy this game I'm surprised you don't have more completed with it. You said you didn't want to spoil yourself with how to get secret characters; have you gotten any yet? I only made a point to get one as soon as possible and just got two more today from just doing whatever.

Nope, no secret characters yet.

By design, if I didn't go on a forum where people mention the objectives, I would probably get some by playing by eventually going for the bottlecaps while digging through older levels for Kahkooregah but assume that someone would be rewarded for higher difficulties.

I've been content with increasing how competent I am plus getting all of the morph skills in Hard Mode and Unite Launcher in 101% Mode. I'll work on those bottlecaps and revisit levels at will after I get through the 101% Difficulty.
---
Get The Wonderful 101!
#78Pyro76Posted 8/12/2014 9:36:44 PM
Since we're on the topic of Ukemi , I've been praising it just today when I made the vid of one of my Operation 002 playthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QocPlA5Z2I

I got hit 3 times in the Secret Mission and Ukemi out of it every time and still managed Pure Platinum.
---
Currently playing: The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3U, Xenoblade Chronicles
#79UbberDevilPosted 8/12/2014 11:44:34 PM
Ukemi is great and good skill-reward thing but it can also be a hindrance if relied on too much when it comes to Kahkoo-Regahs. Since it doesn't matter if you Ukemi or not; if you get hit that will still be one peg taken off.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#80thelastgogetaPosted 8/17/2014 10:41:50 AM(edited)
I see and it can also be said that a lot of the awesome skills we get used to won't help us in the non-Unite Morph combat. I finally conquered 101% Hard Operation 8-C (Silver - took too much damage earlier on, an improvement on combo but I got Gold on normal in my first run) and with that part and other portions, it doesn't provide any comfort.

EDIT: While I won, I felt like he was taking it easy on me. I have a lot of trouble when he starts controlling Orochi with a Spirit Ball/Soukidan combat and he didn't do that once, I suppose most of the difference was made by using the laser at a key time.
---
Get The Wonderful 101!