How do I get tokens?

#1xxxxxnPosted 6/23/2013 2:14:21 PM
For the cluck a pop machine? Do I get a token each time I beat a minigame or do I have to look for the tokens within the mini games themselves?
#2chillvPosted 6/23/2013 2:35:02 PM
Team bump! because I want to know this too.
#3TerotrousPosted 6/23/2013 9:20:16 PM
As per videos, they seem to be tied to "achievements" of sorts. The first time you beat a game, if you get the highest ranking, if you get a long combo, etc.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4PedroMontanaPosted 6/30/2013 6:40:18 AM
There are many different ways to get tokens, for example:

- you get one for the first time you beat a stage (one for each of the stages of Arrow/Ashley/Taxi/Pirate, one for each of the time trial tracks of Ski, one for each set of 30 puzzles in Patchwork...)

- you get one for meeting the special score requirements for a title in the games, like getting "Best Buddy" in a stage of Ashley or "Taxi King" in a stage of Taxi

- you get a token every 10000 points in Bird

- in Bowling, a token sometimes appears on the lane, you get it if you touch it with the ball AND get a strike

- you get a free token every time you boot up the game for the first time on a day
---
No More Heroes
#5KirbyRulesTheWorldPosted 7/1/2013 4:57:17 AM
I've also gotten a token from Camera for taking a picture of a token. They can be found in other games too!
---
Gamertag: YoshiChief
#6chillvPosted 7/1/2013 5:46:49 AM
Also, in Pirates they might shoot a coin at you and if you block it, you get to keep the coin.
#7Argh4430Posted 7/5/2013 3:23:22 AM
PedroMontana posted...
- you get one for the first time you beat a stage (one for each of the stages of Arrow/Ashley/Taxi/Pirate, one for each of the time trial tracks of Ski, one for each set of 30 puzzles in Patchwork...)

- you get one for meeting the special score requirements for a title in the games, like getting "Best Buddy" in a stage of Ashley or "Taxi King" in a stage of Taxi

You can do this everyday to get more tokens, along with the one you get for playing everyday. It adds up fairly quickly, perfect for me when I play this in short bursts.
#8Boo DestroyerPosted 7/5/2013 7:45:08 AM
Argh4430 posted...
PedroMontana posted...

You can do this everyday to get more tokens, along with the one you get for playing everyday. It adds up fairly quickly, perfect for me when I play this in short bursts.

No, that can't be done everyday. If you cleared every stage and met their requirements, there's no going back to them for more tokens. (However, if you do clear some of those stages, tokens will RARELY appear) The only viable option for more tokens is starting the game up everyday after all that is done.
#9Argh4430Posted 7/5/2013 11:15:24 AM
Boo Destroyer posted...
Argh4430 posted...
PedroMontana posted...

No, that can't be done everyday. If you cleared every stage and met their requirements, there's no going back to them for more tokens. (However, if you do clear some of those stages, tokens will RARELY appear) The only viable option for more tokens is starting the game up everyday after all that is done.

No, you CAN do that everyday. Believe me, that's what i'm doing now.
#10Vallu111Posted 7/6/2013 12:35:24 PM
If you can get a 100 point-circle in the Design game, you will get a token. It's very hard to do though.