Does anyone actually care about the characters in this series at all?

#1Boo DestroyerPosted 9/9/2013 10:42:47 AM(edited)
Something tells me that people really don't.

Everyone knows who Ashley is, but...It seems as if they only care about her song, not her. If anyone actually did give a flying crap about her, then more people would buy this game and play the Ashley stage over and over all the time.

The same applies to Mona. People recognize the Mona Pizza theme, but they're not even interested in the character herself! In fact, they even rage all over if she doesn't do the pizza theme in another game again, when in fact, she can do ANYTHING with every game.

Kat & Ana may have been Assist Trophies in Brawl, but how many people were motivated enough to try the WarioWare games over that?

Sure, people might know who 9-Volt and 18-Volt are, but that's only because of their Nintendo representation theme. Only their games, not these characters.

And to top if all off, THIS is the very game that lets us interact with the characters themselves more!! (Kung Fu, Taxi, Gamer, Shutter, Ski, Ashley...) If that doesn't motivate anyone to buy and play this game, then I don't even know what does!

Just a few examples to throw out there. If more people were interested in the characters of this series, it would see more sales.

So am I the only one who likes the characters in this series the most and plays it for mostly for them? (Even if the games are good)
#2glowsquidPosted 9/14/2013 3:34:30 PM
Boo Destroyer posted...
Something tells me that people really don't.

Everyone knows who Ashley is, but...It seems as if they only care about her song, not her. I

Someone didn't check the JP miiverse. It's essentially an Ashley fanart community by this point.

I love the WW cast (especially Ashley, Mona and Penny) and I'd love to see them branch out beyond bookending minigame compilations, but most people aren't going to buy a game just because it features a character they like. Otherwise Wario: Master of Disguise and Yoshi Topsy Turvy would be blockbusters.
#3Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 4:45:29 PM
Is it supposed to be a surprise that Japan usually likes those characters? Have they even played the Ashley stage in this game? Are there even any screenshots of it on there?

glowsquid posted...
I love the WW cast (especially Ashley, Mona and Penny) and I'd love to see them branch out beyond bookending minigame compilations, but most people aren't going to buy a game just because it features a character they like. Otherwise Wario: Master of Disguise and Yoshi Topsy Turvy would be blockbusters.

Every damn F-Zero game (bar the first) too.

Also, that's all the WarioWare series is anymore. Right after its debut, they just made it nothing more than a test subject for system hardware.
#4glowsquidPosted 9/14/2013 6:31:23 PM
There's periodically screenshots from the game, most of which have comments among the lines of "Ashley-chan is so cute! uguu ~(*∀`*)". None of the other WW characters get quite as much attention, though.

It'd be really cool if some of them made the jump to the Mario spinoff games. I don't think that's likely for the moment, though, as EAD and SPD 1 seems quite content with ignoring each other.
#5Boo Destroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 5:41:45 PM
Most Ashley fans are not even WarioWare fans, was what I was saying. How many of those people even know anything about the series?
#6Stink_ApePosted 9/19/2013 5:35:18 PM
From: Boo Destroyer | Posted: 9/15/2013 9:41:45 PM | #005
Most Ashley fans are not even WarioWare fans, was what I was saying. How many of those people even know anything about the series?

If people are posting screenshots on Miiverse then they obviously know the series and are playing the game.
---
NNID:Skunk_Ape
http://i.imgur.com/1mQDO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0HcWR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MXLXOt2.gif
#7chillvPosted 9/28/2013 12:03:51 PM
I care about all of the characters in this series. In fact, I would have been upset if any of the characters weren't in Game & Wario.