sega seriouly pissed me off when I read this.

#1Ruca1122Posted 7/29/2012 4:45:38 AM(edited)
http://www.nintendonewss.com/2012/04/sega-says-we-wouldnt-make-games-for.html really? why do you plan to making Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed then? Really ever since most game developers focus on graphics instead of gameplay and story I stop supporting them. including Sega, capcom, and square enix
New games=rip off
Old Games=always love them
#2PedroMontanaPosted 7/30/2012 5:06:58 AM
Sega still makes tons of good games like this, Virtua Fighter 5 FS, Phantasy Star Online 2, Afterburner Climax, House of the Dead series and Rhythm Thief.

As long as they make good games i will by their games, no matter what kind of BS they talk, end of story.
---
No More Heroes
#3MelkaticoxPosted 7/30/2012 5:14:43 AM
Uh he's an ex-IGN editor...

Why are you surprised, again?
#4PedroMontanaPosted 7/30/2012 6:23:59 AM(edited)
I also just noticed that this comment was made by ex-IGN editor Craig Harris.

It's pretty obvious that:

- This comment by a relatively new employee is not representative of what the higher ups and the actual game developers at Sega think.
Note how Sega supported graphically "weaker" systems with a lot exclusives and good multiplatform ports.
Wii got MadWorld, House of the Dead 2&3, House of the Dead Overkill, Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Monkey Ball Step & Roll, Ghost Squad, Sonic Colors/Secret Rings/Black Knight/Unleahed, NiGHTS Journey to Dreams and more.
DS got Dinosaur King, Sonic games, Rub Rabbits, Monkey Ball, Phantasy Star Zero and a lot of other stuff.

- Harris seems to be the worst informed guy at Sega, saying something like this shortly before the announcement of SASRT for 3DS. This doesn't look like Sega is obsessed over graphics, it looks like Harris is obsessed over them and he has not understood that the company he's working for mostly thinks otherwise.
---
No More Heroes
#5XD375Posted 8/1/2012 10:44:36 PM
It sounds to me like he's trying to compliment the Wii U more than anything, to be honest.
#6PedroMontanaPosted 8/2/2012 7:00:49 AM
XD375 posted...
It sounds to me like he's trying to compliment the Wii U more than anything, to be honest.

I agree that was likely his intention, but it comes across as a diss towards the DS/3DS/Vita/Wii, and makes him look like a fool considering the game IS coming to the Vita and the 3DS.
---
No More Heroes
#72DFighter84Posted 8/6/2012 5:28:22 PM
i think it's a good mentality for them to have. why not try to please your consumers in every way. the product has to be up to par in order to do this.
---
2-frackin'-D... The voice of the voiceless