Sonic is crap now

#21AvatarOfBaganPosted 10/24/2012 3:51:18 AM
Terotrous posted...
The problem with Sonic is that it's extremely dependent on good level design and that takes a long time to make. Making even a 10-hour game with level design comparable to the Genesis games would be a massive undertaking. So they basically have two choices:

- Release a really short but great game and get slammed on length
- Try to find some way to pad out the game that people don't totally hate

The better option is actually the first one, but it seems like Sega has only recently realized this. Colors and Generations are a big step in the right direction, though. Let's hope Adventure 3 can be equally good.

Finally, sanity.

This is probably the most truth.

Yes, Colors and Generations were great.

I also enjoyed the 360 version of Unleashed, though not as much as these.
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.
#22DragonSamuraiPosted 11/1/2012 10:08:57 PM
dude_meister512 posted...
Where have you been hiding since Sonic Adventure came out?

I know SA had sketchy controls but didn't it sell really well?
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#23Luigi4PresidentPosted 11/2/2012 7:47:08 PM
I didn't like Colors. Generations I have yet to play console version. I mean... I always liked Sonic, but please just go back to Genesis or Adventure style already. It was the best.
---
Everybody wants to drink from the fountain of knowledge. I myself perfer to gargle.
#24EJWPosted 11/3/2012 2:21:44 AM
Luigi4President posted...
I didn't like Colors. Generations I have yet to play console version. I mean... I always liked Sonic, but please just go back to Genesis or Adventure style already. It was the best.

As much as I would like that, no thanks.
---
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/328/042/0bf.gif
#25Luigi4PresidentPosted 11/3/2012 8:10:20 AM
EJW posted...

Well I'm sure Sega would keep games like this too. But if you'd like that, then why no thanks?
---
Everybody wants to drink from the fountain of knowledge. I myself perfer to gargle.
#26EJWPosted 11/3/2012 6:50:52 PM
EJW posted...

Well I'm sure Sega would keep games like this too. But if you'd like that, then why no thanks?

Because you didn't say what I emboldened in your earlier post. The way you said it made it seem like you just want it to go back to the Genesis or Adventure style and keep it that way.

I don't want it like that for every game.
---
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/328/042/0bf.gif
#27Setnaro XPosted 11/7/2012 7:21:00 PM
but please just go back to Genesis

Sonic 4 and Sonic Generations. You make it sound like they never tried.

or Adventure style already. It was the best.

No it wasn't. It completely stripped out how the Sonic games played out by separating the gameplay style for each character. Sonic's gameplay ended up being a racer with hardly any exploration, especially in SA2, where the exploration portion got deteriorated even further with the lack of an adventure field. Sonic Generation's modern Sonic harks a more closer experience to the Genesis days by having much more alternate and well designed paths with higher areas and shortcuts being rewarded to skillful players. It also removes all QTE's that were plagued in Unleashed, and has a more better designed layout as appose to Color's blocky platforming, and if they can tone down on the boosting for future game releases, it'll no longer feel like a game that plays on its own.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#28Squished_MarioPosted 11/13/2012 2:46:48 PM
I don't get sega...

sonic 1 - 3 great games for normal reasons.

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 great games because he jumped to 3d and hell it was just fun. SA1 you could explore a hub world and access your stages through them and they were beautiful and FUN and SA2 you have 2 different story lines you can follow to get up to the 3rd final one. Both games had something to work towards whether it was the chao gardens or the secret stage in SA2 that gave most of us a huge reason to S rank everything.

I think it starts going down hill here

Sonic heros....didn't do it for me...I think the game had too many glitches and just ran too strange that it didn't feel natural (I'm looking at you tails and your flying physics). Feels like it could have been a great game had a lot of the abnormalities been fixed.

Shadow the hedgehog despite being fun just was f***** up on how now we're using guns in a sonic spin off.

Sonic 2006 was just a mess that was heavily rushed to make a dead line thus breaking the damn game on top of a weird ass story that rivals the Archie comics...this game could have been fun if it was 100% fixed and I mean a fixed story too.

Sonic and the secret rings...I'm sure most people didn't like the game since it was on rails..nuff said.

Sonic and the black knight...Same thing it was on rails Jesus stop that PLEASE.

Sonic generations had the potential to be AWESOME, but some stupid ass at sega thought it would be awesome to make sonic turn into the hedgehog of war with a boring battle system and horrible battle music. Oh I don't know...if I was at sega and saw the hedgehog engine and saw how great and fast sonic was now and then saw the werehog, I would have fired the guy who thought up werehog and told them to focus 100% of their energy on the day time stages. I don't care if you have to rewrite the story just do it...that's what I pay you for.

Sonic colors finally gets it right. YES OH GOD YES 100% day time stages very good music (I love you aquarium) and beautiful stages I might add. Although the story was cheesy, it's the game play that counts and that's what colors gave...I can over look sonic's odd jumping physics.

Sonic Generations. OMG a sonic game that I've pre-ordered and have been looking forward to since announced. Now anything that I look for to be lesser is still much greater than what I'm use to. What I mean by that is I criticize modern sonic playing more in 3d and less in 2d and leaving the 2d to classic sonic, but you see I'm actually nit picking now and that's ok. Sonic Generations is actually the first game I got platinum on.

This sonic racing stuff? I dunno this just caters to the racing fans and I know I'm not one of them so this'll be a pass for me.

What's the point to this bull crap rant (if you even call it that)? Make a damn sonic game that is like generations from now on. Add little gimmicks in I don't care and for the love of God give me a race track or some huge hub world for me to boost around in. Hell I'd love to race down the highway against cars. I loved the Speed Highway glitch that lets you constantly race the cars even though they'll kill you after a while.

Do not make sonic games on rails anymore sega.

I got an idea! You want to make a super amount of money sega?

Remake sonic 1 - 3 in HD using HD sprites like that fan game and put it on psn/xboxlive/w/e wiiu thing is called and remix the music.

Remake sonic Adventure 1 and 2 with ps3 graphics and give us something extra like....i dunno Diamond Dust remade w/o it being dlc.

Give us Sonic Adventure 3 and I mean the title Sonic Adventure 3 not Sonic 2006.

Or if you just want to be cheap and still get money. Put sonic adventure 1 and 2 on the vita and 3ds.

._. It can be so easy...
---
Part of the Viewmaster_pi's Caln Magna cum laude
PSN: VexSilver
#29CapnStankyPosted 11/13/2012 11:21:52 PM
Do you hear that, Sega? Random losers on the Internet dont want your game.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#30nonexistingheroPosted 11/15/2012 10:53:24 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
http://kotaku.com/5939467/sonic-you-are-a-liar-and-thats-awful?popular=true

Lol... most certainly looks like trolling.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.