I really want to get this game but...

#1T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 11/16/2012 5:30:05 AM(edited)
...I'm kinda scared it got a crap port to the Wii U.

All the reviews so far have been great, but none touches the Wii U. The one that does gave it 63% (Official Nintendo Magazine), where one of the staff replied to one of the comments calling them biased with:

"Are you seriously accusing us of bias in a review you haven't even read yet? I'm glad you dig the game (which you haven't played on Wii U, I should add), but until you've read Joe's review in full, I'd hold fire on laying into it. Spoilers: it hardly mentions Mario Kart."

The "which you haven't played on Wii U, I should add" as a certain implication I don't like at all.

Guess I'll just have to wait for some other Wii U reviews to appear...
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#2Michele68Posted 11/16/2012 5:25:41 AM
I think this will be a awesome game. Don't always believe the negative.
---
3DS FC:0301 9783 2635 Name:SSJ4 Goku
Pokemon Black 2 FC:2838 7957 0751 Name:Zack
#3T3H_1337_N1NJ4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 5:34:11 AM
Michele68 posted...
I think this will be a awesome game. Don't always believe the negative.

I already know it's a good game. My only problem is with the Wii U port.
---
#4Michele68Posted 11/16/2012 5:59:44 AM
What do you mean port?
---
#5T3H_1337_N1NJ4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:00:57 AM
I mean the Wii U version. Might have an unstable frame rate, or some other problems associated to it.
---
#6awesomephatmanPosted 11/16/2012 7:13:34 AM
I'm confident the frame rate will be fine.

I'm actually worried about the actual gameplay that will be in all the versions. I don't like rubber-band AI, but I hear that's what this game has. I hope it's not too bad.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship
#7Michele68Posted 11/16/2012 7:26:34 AM
What does rubber-band Al mean?
---
#8awesomephatmanPosted 11/16/2012 7:29:13 AM
Michele68 posted...

It's when you're in first place, the computer will cheat to catch up with you and make the game more competitive. If you're way behind, the computer will slow down to let you catch up.

Depending on how severe the rubber-banding is, it can really ruin the fun/immersion of racing games.

But I'm just assuming that this game has rubber-banding because I read the first game had it. I don't know how bad it is, or if it's even there, because I've never played these games.
---
#9T3H_1337_N1NJ4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:33:23 AM(edited)
awesomephatman posted...
Michele68 posted...

It's when you're in first place, the computer will cheat to catch up with you and make the game more competitive. If you're way behind, the computer will slow down to let you catch up.

Depending on how severe the rubber-banding is, it can really ruin the fun/immersion of racing games.

But I'm just assuming that this game has rubber-banding because I read the first game had it. I don't know how bad it is, or if it's even there, because I've never played these games.

Also, for example in Mario Kart, not only do the cars that are behind you become faster, but near the final stretch, they all get really powerful items. So usually when you're about to cross the finish line you get hit by a Blue Shell, and then a bazillion other items and end up last.

Another very noticeable aspect is when you manage to make the CPU that's usually in 2nd place in a race fall off the track. In 10 seconds he'll be right behind you again due to a sudden burst of speed.
---
#10awesomephatmanPosted 11/16/2012 7:33:13 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
awesomephatman posted...
Michele68 posted...

Also, for example in Mario Kart, not only do the cars that re behind you become faster, but near the final stretch, they all get really powerful items. So usually when you're about to cross the finish line you get hit by a Blue Shell, and then a bazillion other items and end up last.

I think that stuff happening in Mario Kart is grossly overexaggerated. I'm a veteran of the Mario Kart series, and it doesn't happen nearly that often.

The powerful items that last-place racers get is part of the game design and honestly doesn't bother me. It doesn't happen that often to negatively impact the experience.

There's no need to put down the Mario Kart series in an effort to make Sonic All-Stars look good.
---
More topics from this board...
Friend TopicTanooki_Yoshi110/15 6:06PM