I really suck at this game I guess, need help with Boost Challenege

#31ipitydafool64Posted 11/19/2012 1:06:45 PM
Does this affect other versions? Like do the XBox and PS3 versions have this issue? Seems strange that it only affects the Wii U
#32slayerdemon555Posted 11/19/2012 1:32:25 PM
Taken from neogaf, where one of the developers posted

"Hello,

A quick update for those folk having trouble with Boost Challenge and Ninja Tag on Wii U.

We're currently investigating this with SEGA, looks like there was a problem with the update that went live on Sunday.

We're getting this sorted ASAP and we'll give you an ETA once we've got one.

Massive apologies from us on this, we're not sure exactly how it happened but we're doing everything we can do get it sorted out. You guys did give me a head start by posting here, when I saw it last night I fired instructions to the team to look at it first thing today...!"
---
"stop him, hes supposed to die!"
#33chequelotsPosted 11/19/2012 1:35:27 PM
CI254 posted...
Did you all download the System Update first?

So we have to download the update for the checkpoints to appear? I was struggling with this one last night too. No checkpoints.
#34chequelotsPosted 11/19/2012 1:45:05 PM
chequelots posted...
CI254 posted...
Did you all download the System Update first?

So we have to download the update for the checkpoints to appear? I was struggling with this one last night too. No checkpoints.

Wait a minute i think i read that wrong. So the update messed up the mission huh?
#35ipitydafool64Posted 11/19/2012 2:40:52 PM
slayerdemon555 posted...
Taken from neogaf, where one of the developers posted

"Hello,

A quick update for those folk having trouble with Boost Challenge and Ninja Tag on Wii U.

We're currently investigating this with SEGA, looks like there was a problem with the update that went live on Sunday.

We're getting this sorted ASAP and we'll give you an ETA once we've got one.

Massive apologies from us on this, we're not sure exactly how it happened but we're doing everything we can do get it sorted out. You guys did give me a head start by posting here, when I saw it last night I fired instructions to the team to look at it first thing today...!"

Well at least they know and a fix is incoming. I imagine it can't be too unreasonable to fix so we should see one soon. For now we can use the work around.
#36rudgerlightPosted 11/19/2012 4:59:31 PM
Wow. I feel significantly less crazy now. Thanks for finding this out. I came on this board specifically because of this issue. I know I'm not great at the game yet, but I didn't think I was THAT bad.
#37Michele68Posted 11/19/2012 5:04:12 PM
So we can download the fix update even if we did the very first update that made the challenge un-completeable?
---
3DS FC:0301 9783 2635 Name:SSJ4 Goku
Pokemon Black 2 FC:2838 7957 0751 Name:Zack
#38chequelotsPosted 11/19/2012 5:36:36 PM
Michele68 posted...
So we can download the fix update even if we did the very first update that made the challenge un-completeable?

Don't fix updates take time to make? It's only been a day.
#39OphieIIPosted 11/19/2012 11:52:12 PM
Yeah, I came here too to see what was going on with the Boost Mission. I knew something was wrong when I could clear the Adder's Lair Boost Challenge on expert difficulty on the 360 demo but couldn't do it with this.

I didn't realize it was a glitch though. I suspected it, but I thought it more likely that I was just missing some crucial game mechanic that would allow me to keep boosted on straightaways.
---
I laughed at the Lorax, "You poor stupid guy,
You never can tell what some people will buy."
#40Dahaka66Posted 11/20/2012 12:57:12 PM
The Golden Gauntlet boost challenge works. I went into it on C-Class thinking I would just fail it and ended up finding checkpoints. >_>
---
sports
http://i45.tinypic.com/ezg1ex.jpg