Diddy Kong Racing done right!

#1Yoshi7Posted 11/19/2012 12:41:21 PM
I am loving this game! I have been very skeptical about Sonic-off shoot games, as well as the main line, for many years now. I didn't expect this game to be much but I wanted something to play with the family during the holidays.

this game is great! Reminds me of a smoother, more advanced Diddy Kong Racing meets Mario Kart.
---
www.reverbnation.com/highvoltagemontana
#2supergodinezPosted 11/19/2012 4:45:43 PM
It's a very well made game, even better than Mario Kart when it comes to stage design.
---
Maplestory: Blargh89: Lv.18x Dark Knight ///Galicia///
#3SpacedDuckPosted 11/19/2012 4:53:08 PM
Funny you say that. Lately anything Sonic made has sucked but the Sonic Racing games have been well done. Installing this one as we speak.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#4EJWPosted 11/19/2012 5:34:52 PM
SpacedDuck posted...
Funny you say that. Lately anything Sonic made has sucked but the Sonic Racing games have been well done. Installing this one as we speak.

Lately?
---
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/328/042/0bf.gif
#5__Curley__Posted 11/19/2012 5:55:39 PM
EJW posted...
SpacedDuck posted...

Lately?

Yes there's been tons of sonic racing games, ever since sonic R on the saturn in 90-something. (which was pretty bad)

I haven't played any of the other recent racing games, but this one looks really promising.

Ironically enough this might be the only game that I'd buy a Wii U for before 2013. (and maybe scribblenauts)
#6knob1701Posted 11/19/2012 6:28:01 PM
Great game for $39.99. I almost got it for free using the Target buy 2 get 1 50% of and 15 bucks in target cards from reservations. I really like the land, sea and air variation. Game is also very challenging.
#7EJWPosted 11/19/2012 9:02:34 PM
__Curley__ posted...
EJW posted...
SpacedDuck posted...

Lately?

Yes there's been tons of sonic racing games, ever since sonic R on the saturn in 90-something. (which was pretty bad)

I haven't played any of the other recent racing games, but this one looks really promising.

Ironically enough this might be the only game that I'd buy a Wii U for before 2013. (and maybe scribblenauts)

That wasn't the subject.

This was: "Lately anything Sonic made has sucked"
---
#8XD375Posted 11/19/2012 11:32:58 PM
Sonic outside of Colors/Generations (and some of the portable titles) has sucked since 1994, with Sonic & Knuckles being the last good game.

The Sonic & All-Stars Racing series, however, are a couple of the best games I've ever played.
#9EJWPosted 11/20/2012 12:07:57 AM
XD375 posted...
Sonic outside of Colors/Generations (and some of the portable titles) has sucked since 1994, with Sonic & Knuckles being the last good game.

The Sonic & All-Stars Racing series, however, are a couple of the best games I've ever played.

The only truly "sucky" Sonic games I would say are Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight.

Sonic '06 actually does STRAIGHT UP SUCK. No quotations needed. IT SUCKS.
---
#10AvatarOfBaganPosted 11/20/2012 12:21:42 AM
EJW posted...
The only truly "sucky" Sonic games I would say are Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight.

Sonic '06 actually does STRAIGHT UP SUCK. No quotations needed. IT SUCKS.

You got it right, sir or ma'm.

And despite it's sucky interface and many glitches, I actually enjoy Shadow the Hedgehog.

Doesnt' stop me from hating the 'internet' level or trying to do the search and rescue ending of the ARK level.
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.