Ring Challenge Advice?

#1torNATEoPosted 11/29/2012 11:11:32 AM
I'm trying to go through and complete everything that I can with three stars, but I'm having so much trouble with the Ring Challenges. I can usually get all the way through the level, only to fail just short of the final checkpoint. It doesn't help that I suck at flight mode compared to driving or boating. Does anyone have any good advice for clearing these challenges?
---
I don't care if you hate every Pokemon Gen but the first one. Just don't get all up in my face about it and let me love all five.
#2meiyukiPosted 11/29/2012 11:35:44 AM
Tails or Amy with handling mod, their planes have the best flight controls and it makes quite a difference.
#3Emperess BowserPosted 11/29/2012 11:39:11 AM
It simply comes down to drifting in the plane, I used Amigo for all ring challanges and beat them on my first try. Drifting in the plane is super easy to control once you get the hang of it, also don't forget to boost when you get the chance, you will keep getting more as you pass through rings.
---
SSF4 Mains: Hakan, Zangief, C.Viper PSN: Emperor_B
Like the moon over the day my genius and brawn are lost on these fools.
#4Dahaka66Posted 11/29/2012 12:58:15 PM
Tails, drift boosts, and boost pickups. Learning the tracks is pretty easy, so you really just have to focus on using a good handling character who can dodge obstacles and getting as many boosts as possible.
---
sports
http://i45.tinypic.com/ezg1ex.jpg
#5torNATEo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 9:22:53 PM
Thanks for the advice. I guess I just suck at flying, lol. I three-starred the first ring challenge, but I still can't get more than two on any of the others. I'll keep practicing, I've had the best luck using Tails so far.
---
I don't care if you hate every Pokemon Gen but the first one. Just don't get all up in my face about it and let me love all five.
#6BirdGasPosted 11/29/2012 11:07:26 PM
You know, it's weird, while I drift like crazy normally, I've found that I have absolutely no problem completing ring challenges if I DON'T drift at all. Just constantly using boosts and making sure I hit the rings has been fully effective, as I tend to overcompensate out of a boost and mess up my flight, I've found I can turn tighter and still get to the goal with no issue when I simply don't drift at all for the entire course.
---
HA! I kill me!
Nintendo Network ID - ALinkToTheSack
#7NickLOLZPosted 11/30/2012 12:02:15 PM
Aiai on standard........

TRUST IN ME!!!!!!
---
Jesus is the TRUE savior.
People who agree:11
#8meiyukiPosted 11/30/2012 12:10:25 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that because of the positioning of the sticks on the controller you likely have a tendency to have the stick down when you move it side to side, thus making the plane pitch up(or down depending on your control settings). Just something to be aware of and watch out for when you're flying.
#9___Vyser___Posted 11/30/2012 12:44:49 PM
I beat them all on S with standard Joe Musashi. Didn't use any drifts, just used the boosts when I got them and rolled if I needed to.