When's the patch going to happen finally?

#1OphieIIPosted 11/29/2012 8:35:04 PM
Nintendo's been sitting on the patch for a whole week now. It's been there longer than it's been at Sumo and SEGA combined. What's the big holdup?
---
I laughed at the Lorax, "You poor stupid guy,
You never can tell what some people will buy."
#2Dahaka66Posted 11/29/2012 8:48:42 PM
No one knows.
---
sports
http://i45.tinypic.com/ezg1ex.jpg
#3sumweeabooPosted 11/29/2012 8:53:51 PM
Sometime in December.
---
---
#4ministerkataokaPosted 11/29/2012 9:55:09 PM(edited)
Oh boy if Nintendo's going to be this bureaucratic with game patch fixes, I need to rethink whether I want to buy future multiplats on this console. I gave up waiting last Sunday and bought the PS3 version. No issues there with the campaign.
---
Final Fantasy X was made for menstruating cows.
#5Jay6_Posted 11/29/2012 9:56:50 PM
Can still just wait it off by playing multiplayer, or playing a different game.
---
Jay6 - Animator
Graduate animation student - Looking for job in my career
#6OphieII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:19:48 AM
Well, one thing I do know is that Nintendo, as a company does not like to patch games via download. At all. The company philosophy is that by the time the game ships, there should not be any need to patch the game.

You can compare the response time for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword where you are allowed to turn in a copy with the Goro glitch in exchange for a copy of the game with the glitch fixed (the day after it was discovered) with the response time for Mario Kart 7 where an online patch stopped people from abusing the Maka Wuhu glitch (one month--during that time, a huge quantity of people went online solely to exploit the glitch, and the patch simply consisted of adding a fence to make falling into the water impossible, which provokes the glitch).
---
#7chequelotsPosted 11/30/2012 2:23:17 AM
you're really startin to piss me off, nintendo.
#8toswubberPosted 11/30/2012 9:38:40 AM
SOL (dev on this game) has posted:

"Nintendo have been super supportive through throughout the development of the game. Not only with hardware and software support, but also squeezing the deadlines so we could get the game as polished as possible. Even now we've got support to get Updates out to correct some the glitches we've been seeing. "

Also about the initial update breaking stuff:

"Well the Wii U update issue was a shock. We certainly didn't intend for the update to cause all the issues it did. We fixed the issues immediately once they were reported, it just takes time to test and get it out there. I'm told it will be available VERY soon though, so hopefully everyone will be able to play the game as expected. "
#9OphieII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 11:28:19 AM
All right. It still makes me wonder what the holdup is. I'm sure it's something classified, so I don't think we'll ever know.

(I was also pointing out that Nintendo has a history of trying as best as it can to never need to patch a game--I'd bet that month with the Maka Wuhu glitch was spent largely deliberating on whether they needed to resort to a patch or not.)
---
#10COlimar788Posted 11/30/2012 11:54:09 AM
I gotta say, I'm disappointed that it isn't out yet. Supposedly they got the new patch to Nintendo or America right before they broke for Thanksgiving, so I can understand the initial delay, but it has been quite a while now. I don't understand what could possibly make this take so long when all they need to do is maybe test it to make sure it doesn't break other stuff and then send it out.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
More topics from this board...
Friend TopicTanooki_Yoshi110/15 6:06PM