Mario Kart should incorporate something like the Swarm instead of the Blue Shell

#1abcDSBTPosted 12/5/2012 7:16:07 AM
80/80

Maybe something like a bunch of Blue Shells are scattered along the track and explode when you hit one. (but not causing a chain reaction)

Seriously, the Swarm was a brilliant idea. It hinders the progress of the guys in front, but isn't a 100% guarantee that they will get screwed over. As long as you don't use it in the air, Swarm should let you move up, if not because some dudes in 4th and 5th hit them.

Speaking of items, anyone else think the items in this game are really...weird? I mean, I like them, but giant blowfish? A catchers mit with a target on it? RC cars? Giant hornets? Weird...
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
#2PedroMontanaPosted 12/5/2012 7:24:02 AM
They really should have used Sega themed items.

Their functionality is nice, but the themes are between generic and random.
---
No More Heroes
#3meiyukiPosted 12/5/2012 7:57:33 AM
MK needs to put the blue shells back on the ground instead of in the air. At least then you have a chance to hit everyone in front of you. It's just stupid to have an item that only affects first place, and maybe second that is consistently giving to the drivers in last place.
#4WaLuigiTailsPosted 12/5/2012 8:12:10 AM
meiyuki posted...
MK needs to put the blue shells back on the ground instead of in the air. At least then you have a chance to hit everyone in front of you. It's just stupid to have an item that only affects first place, and maybe second that is consistently giving to the drivers in last place.

you haven't played mk7.
---
3DS fc: 3995 7857 4043 Meo
GT: WaLuigiTails
#5meiyukiPosted 12/5/2012 9:21:05 AM
WaLuigiTails posted...
meiyuki posted...

you haven't played mk7.

I suppose I've just forgotten, with the track glitches and the fact that my 3ds cramps my hands after a few hours I didn't play 7 nearly as much as wii.
#6ReverseFuturePosted 12/5/2012 10:18:31 AM
I liked Swarm back in Blur when it was called Bolt.
#7gsk6390Posted 12/5/2012 1:00:43 PM
Does anyone know the difference between "Swarm" and "Sky Tiger"? Sometimes the announcer says one, sometimes the other. Is there any difference between the weapons themselves other than their names?
---
100 Awesome Kirbys: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=253
UK gamer with online Smash64 and MvC3
#8Dahaka66Posted 12/5/2012 1:04:21 PM
It's the same item, he just says two different things for it. Pretty much every thing the announcer says, there's two or three different recordings of it where he says it with a different inflection. For some reason with Swarm they gave it two different names.
---
sports
http://i45.tinypic.com/ezg1ex.jpg
#9gsk6390Posted 12/5/2012 1:09:06 PM
Dahaka66 posted...
It's the same item, he just says two different things for it. Pretty much every thing the announcer says, there's two or three different recordings of it where he says it with a different inflection. For some reason with Swarm they gave it two different names.

So I take it that it's the only weapon with 2 names since I've never ever heard him use an alternate name for any other weapon
---
100 Awesome Kirbys: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=253
UK gamer with online Smash64 and MvC3
#10StopthinkPosted 12/5/2012 1:14:26 PM(edited)
They should just have an item called the ultimate banana peel that functions just like the swarm.

The swarm is probably the best idea they've implemented in this game. Not only does it target the player with the best advantage, it also gives them a chance based on skill to avoid it. In addition, since it stays on the track everyone else also has to deal with, it even the person in last I believe, so it can cause just as much harm to the person that fired it. Truly the best implementation of an equalizer in a kart racer and I don't think I can play Mario Kart if they go with the blue shell nonsense again.

On another note, I have to say that nearly all of the other items in this game are completely boring when compared to Mario Kart. I sort of like the blowfish though.
---
imo for the tight asses