the people online are HORRIBLE

#1LonelyGoombaPosted 12/7/2012 10:56:48 AM
maybe I shouldn't have waited till I finished expert mode but...
I'm literally lapping people almost here, heck... once it glitched and spazzed out into the water while moving backwards (was funny) and I still won...

dear me.
#2Rasputin77Posted 12/7/2012 11:35:01 AM
Don't worry... I'll be buying it soon... you'll get your challenge soon enough. ;)

But seriously, don't expect masters right off the bat. Is there a matchmaking system? Maybe something like lobbies for intermediate or advanced players? I know the more "XP" you earned in Mario Kart, the more "experienced" the drivers you played against were.
---
"Kids yammering on about "trolls" WAY more than actual troll posts made." - Wii U board, 11/18/12-12/9/12
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#3LonelyGoomba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:45:20 AM
there is a ranking system like Mario kart

but there was only 5 people on the entire online from the looks of it

hopefully it'll pick up past xmas
#4EuaggelistesPosted 12/7/2012 3:22:45 PM
I have not played online yet but you would probably smoke me. This game is not a whole lot like Mariokart (which I am really good at) so there is a bit of a learning curve. I have found that knowing the track really well has helped me win on higher difficulties.
#5Jay6_Posted 12/8/2012 11:26:45 PM
I give people a good challenge, even those with high points. Though, I haven't been playing online much recently. been mostly doing Time Trials (defeating Expert Ghosts)
---
Jay6 - Animator
Graduate animation student - Looking for job in my career
#6cybermasterePosted 12/9/2012 12:20:35 AM
For the time trials, they should have put which mod Sonic has on some tracks... lol.
He can go super fast, take turns super easy, have super turbos, wth, XD.
I just need to beat 10 Expert ghosts, but... the guy who did it was amazing (which I doubt it was man made, since mirror tracks have the EXACT same timer as the normal tracks, even a human can't do the exact same 1/100 seconds).
---
Those who know, don't speak. Those who speak, don't know. Those who... what was I saying by the way?
#7Dahaka66Posted 12/9/2012 12:45:30 AM
cybermastere posted...
For the time trials, they should have put which mod Sonic has on some tracks... lol.
He can go super fast, take turns super easy, have super turbos, wth, XD.
I just need to beat 10 Expert ghosts, but... the guy who did it was amazing (which I doubt it was man made, since mirror tracks have the EXACT same timer as the normal tracks, even a human can't do the exact same 1/100 seconds).

I think Sumo said that every ghost is done with Sonic's standard mod.

I'm pretty sure they had actual human players make every ghost, then they just mirrored them along with the tracks for all the mirror time trials.
---
sports
http://i45.tinypic.com/ezg1ex.jpg
#8cybermasterePosted 12/9/2012 1:06:26 AM
That would explain the mirror times. Well, I'll beat the 11 expert ghosts left to do!!!!
---
Those who know, don't speak. Those who speak, don't know. Those who... what was I saying by the way?
#9ShadeKoopaPosted 12/9/2012 2:16:32 AM
Right now, many players who have the game are still unlocking all the players and courses. Probably after christmas, many players will have the game and the online will pick up. If anything, try match making online during the day to find players, that's usually the time I get on. I able to at least 7-10 players in one room. If anything, post online or in Mii Verse, saying you want to play online. That should get the ball rolling.
#10TheFlamingCPosted 12/9/2012 3:01:36 AM
I don't know, I was running into a string of good racers last night. But then later I did run into people with a much higher rank than me who were a lot worse than me.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.