the people online are HORRIBLE

#11cybermasterePosted 12/9/2012 3:03:58 AM
Ranks don't mean much in this game...
---
Those who know, don't speak. Those who speak, don't know. Those who... what was I saying by the way?
#12TheFlamingCPosted 12/9/2012 3:12:28 AM
It's the only stat that represents you but yeah, it seems to not do anything. For instance, the VR in Mario Kart did act as a matchmaking component where it placed against people with similar scores but, this just sort of does whatever. As for my own skill level, not quite sure I'm all that great at this yet. I've beaten quite a few expert things but, I main low handling characters so sometimes I botch drifts in the the courses with really sharp turns (except for Burning Depths for some reason).
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#13cybermasterePosted 12/9/2012 3:19:49 AM
Actually, I think the card thing represents you more than the score ranking, A-Star-3x Stars is a better "ranking idea" to me. But that doesn't mean those can't be beaten, lol, me the 1st, I can be crushed quite easily with items ; ; (I fail at dodging XD). Too bad, you can't do "speed races" online, without items.
---
Those who know, don't speak. Those who speak, don't know. Those who... what was I saying by the way?
#14TheFlamingCPosted 12/9/2012 12:38:18 PM
Yeah, you can do those in Friend environment custom games, though. For matchmaking I suggest getting your acceleration up if it's low, just to help. I use Ralph a lot, and was having some trouble with all the item hits. When I put the acceleration mod on him, I could get back into the race easier.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#15cybermasterePosted 12/9/2012 1:14:02 PM
Oh, I happen to come back in the crowd quite easily, but hard to keep 1st place if I'm not far ahead, lol. (Often did I lose close to the end by a rain of items in my ass ; ; )
---
#16jwillennPosted 12/9/2012 8:06:04 PM
I am this-close to downloading the game right now. Eh, what the hell. Downloading now!
#17LonelyGoomba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 11:35:28 AM
I played a decent racer today
granted I won all but once outa about 10 races but, was close.

got a bit annoyed when he started picking my character though >_> I still won then he left

anyway, I wanna play some people who are decent at the game.

add me ~
---
NNID: Deep4t
#18T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/10/2012 11:38:25 AM(edited)
If you want I can play a few games with you. At what hours do you usually play? (Don't forget the Time Zone)
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#19PyroDillbrainPosted 12/11/2012 12:37:42 AM
pretty much the only good wii u player is deschain

I'm better than he is (I've hit 2100 rating on 360, had my rating reset because of some glitch then hit 2100 again, and I've got a much better win/loss ratio than him in an arguably harder online group) but I won't be playing again until mid january. that all said though I don't think I've raced him more than once or twice yet, so I can't say for sure how good he is. however since he routinely gets 1st even in high level rooms I'd say he's the guy to beat.

we have a skype chat going where everyone good hangs out, if you want to join it send me a pm here on gamefaqs
---
twitch.tv/fiveleafclover
xbl: Q cumberR | nnid: fiveleafclover
#20T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/11/2012 4:00:25 AM
PyroDillbrain posted...
pretty much the only good wii u player is deschain

And what exactly are you basing that on? I've noticed you have the top leaderboard for all (or almost) time attacks. But just because you did the track in less 0.5 secs than me doesn't give you the right to come here saying I and everyone else sucks...
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox