the people online are HORRIBLE

#81LonelyGoomba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 5:34:08 PM
I found it funny how we kept attacking each other while Phoenix just raced on ahead haha

stupid Phoenix ruining my online record..grrrr
---
NNID: Deep4t
#82T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/12/2012 5:35:57 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...
I found it funny how we kept attacking each other while Phoenix just raced on ahead haha

stupid Phoenix ruining my online record..grrrr

As I said in the Miiverse message. That time you were in second and kept the drone until I overcame you when you could have sent it to Phoenix. Pissed me off badly. And then you sent me flying out of the stage in monkey ball! I hate you.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox
#83LonelyGoomba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 5:38:04 PM
yes I felt bad for knocking you off... I mean, I rammed into you on purpose but I didn't think it'll knock you off XD

don't remember the drone thing though. I tend to keep an item just incase for defence
---
#84T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/12/2012 5:44:19 PM
You liar. You knew I'd go right out! But you're forgiven none the less. (Stupid online physics)
---
#85PyroDillbrainPosted 12/12/2012 5:46:09 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Do you really not see the difference? He talks about the people he actually raced against, you on the other hand generalize and say EVERYONE sucks.

it's hardly uninformed. if I say someone sucks at a game, it's most likely with good reason.

has phoenix finally stopped ragequitting every race where he's losing? lol
---
twitch.tv/fiveleafclover
xbl: Q cumberR | nnid: fiveleafclover
#86T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/12/2012 5:47:08 PM
PyroDillbrain posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Do you really not see the difference? He talks about the people he actually raced against, you on the other hand generalize and say EVERYONE sucks.

it's hardly uninformed. if I say someone sucks at a game, it's most likely with good reason.

has phoenix finally stopped ragequitting every race where he's losing? lol

Yes, saying someone you never played against sucks is indeed good reason. You're absolutely hilarious.
---
#87LonelyGoomba(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 5:50:04 PM
to be fair, when I made this topic I didn't mean everyone sucks at the game.

Its just, the majority of people I raced online really did suck, I mean I've had some good races today but for the most part... I win by miles.

it's probably like that for a lot of people, most lobbies have one person who's an expert, and the rest are newbies.
well that's my experience usually anyway
---
#88T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/12/2012 6:01:11 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...
to be fair, when I made this topic I didn't mean everyone sucks at the game.

Its just, the majority of people I raced online really did suck, I mean I've had some good races today but for the most part... I win by miles.

it's probably like that for a lot of people, most lobbies have one person who's an expert, and the rest are newbies.
well that's my experience usually anyway

I think everyone got what you meant. The only problem here is Mr. "I'm so superior that I can say everyone sucks without playing against them... with good reason!".
---
#89PyroDillbrainPosted 12/12/2012 6:19:31 PM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Yes, saying someone you never played against sucks is indeed good reason. You're absolutely hilarious.

why are you assuming that I would have to play against someone to know how good they are

do you think that usain bolt is neither good nor bad at the 100m sprint because you have never run a race against him? no, you know he's good because he runs 100m in nine and a half seconds, which is faster than anyone else in an event where speed is the only thing that matters.

similarly, I know that, based on racing the people who you guys seem to consider as being "good", that I have raced people who are much more challenging on xbox 360, especially considering that I'm much better and more consistent with an xbox 360 controller than the game pad (I still have trouble getting the appropriate tricks with the awkward placement), so I can accurately and favourably compare those players to the players on wii u. the simple truth is, xbox 360 players rated about 1500 are equivalent to players rated above 1700 on wii u.

someone in this thread said they raced arrowny and found that he was a very good racer and had trouble beating him. now you guys are talking about phoenix, who I have raced before and found that he wasn't that great and furthermore he ragequit every race because I was winning by like 15 seconds. if I had my xbox here with me to check the leaderboard times, I could name thirty players from xbox 360 who are faster and better than phoenix, and phoenix is definitely better than arrowny.

if I haven't raced someone on the top 100 of the wii u leaderboards, then I know someone who has and they have gone to great lengths talking about how they stack up against said players in the aforementioned skype chat. this isn't some RTS game where different playstyles or races matter in specific matchups, this is a racing game.

I'm not sure why I have to spell this out for you, since most people seem to accept the idea that for games like this, if A > B and B > C, then A > C, even if they place themselves incorrectly. but the fact remains that, with good reason (later eu/au release, broken us release, and in my opinion, inferior controls for wii u), the xbox 360 players are generally much better than the people on wii u, and from my extensive experience on xbox 360, I know there aren't very many good players there either. it's not like I'm expecting people to be good at a game that has only been out for two weeks

I hope you're actually reading my posts and not just dismissing them as just another gamefaqs user who thinks he's good at a videogame, because I'm genuinely trying to explain this thoroughly and logically
---
twitch.tv/fiveleafclover
xbl: Q cumberR | nnid: fiveleafclover
#90T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/12/2012 6:28:20 PM
No. I honestly believe you're good at the game. That STILL doesn't give you the right to say people you have never played against suck. Especially when the game came out at less than 2 weeks ago and you haven't played in a while. You simply do not have the bases to say everyone sucks. End of story. And if your friend played some guys, he still didn't play every single one of them, and he STILL can't say they all suck. It's really just that simple.

You'd never hear me complaint if you said you only played people that suck (even though that would certainly be a gross over exaggeration).

Also, Phoenix might not be the best player out there. But he certainly doesn't "suck" either. Unless you have a really broad definition of suck.
---