Rage Quitters

#1mikegoroPosted 12/30/2012 9:20:25 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that when you disconnect to try and save your score you look really douchey and you are wasting your time because that number/ranking means absolutely nothing and its probably taking you more time to reconnect than to just take the loss and stay in the game.
---
PSN PorkSword79
Jeff "Chunk" Cohen's..... was my pen pal
#2Lord_KagatoPosted 12/30/2012 11:18:17 PM
You do realize that the online is very unstable and people often get forcefully disconnected a lot, right? It's happened to me several times now.

You look like a fool doing this.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#3Squished_MarioPosted 12/31/2012 1:49:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 12/31/2012 8:45:32 AM
Usually when a person gets disconnected in a race everyone does like when the Host gets disconnected ( which is the game not a particular player ) when the "returning to lobby error" occurs this happens when someone leaves the race and fails to return to lobby, it crashes the entire race.

Also, if you're disconnecting from this game and nobody else is, your connection sucks.
#5mikegoro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:35:02 PM
Squished_Mario posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...
You do realize that the online is very unstable and people often get forcefully disconnected a lot, right? It's happened to me several times now.

I second this. TC is an idiot.

HaHaHa welcome to gamefaqs, I don't know about your region but when I play I see the same familiar names over and over and some of these guys (usualy with close to 2000 points) seem to only have "connection troubles" when its the third lap and they have no chance of placing. But there connection never seems to fail when they win....... Weird how that keeps happening.

And yes I know the online is borderline broken and does all kinds of sketchy crap, and for some people (my self included) you get dropped for no reason at all.

But to pretend that people out there dont rage quit is hilarious and to be so rude and quick to defend it just makes one think that you are one of these guys with convenient "connection errors"
---
PSN PorkSword79
#6ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/2/2013 7:25:31 AM
mikegoro posted...
Squished_Mario posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...

HaHaHa welcome to gamefaqs, I don't know about your region but when I play I see the same familiar names over and over and some of these guys (usualy with close to 2000 points) seem to only have "connection troubles" when its the third lap and they have no chance of placing. But there connection never seems to fail when they win....... Weird how that keeps happening.

And yes I know the online is borderline broken and does all kinds of sketchy crap, and for some people (my self included) you get dropped for no reason at all.

But to pretend that people out there dont rage quit is hilarious and to be so rude and quick to defend it just makes one think that you are one of these guys with convenient "connection errors"

It only goes to show just how jealous of players with higher rating you are as you're the kind of person to only try and point out that players with particularly high rating are usually the players quitting the most when this couldn't be more false. There are an exception of players who do quit allot and end up with a higher rating but the majority like myself just simply win 9/10 of our races and have no need to quit.

After having played this game as long as I have I have noticed that players with much lower rating 1100 ~ 1400 are amongst the most QQ about losing as it barely takes me 3 races to clean an entire room of lower rating players. Yes, everytime.
#7mikegoro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:10:50 AM
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
mikegoro posted...
Squished_Mario posted...
Lord_Kagato posted...

It only goes to show just how jealous of players with higher rating you are as you're the kind of person to only try and point out that players with particularly high rating are usually the players quitting the most when this couldn't be more false. There are an exception of players who do quit allot and end up with a higher rating but the majority like myself just simply win 9/10 of our races and have no need to quit.

After having played this game as long as I have I have noticed that players with much lower rating 1100 ~ 1400 are amongst the most QQ about losing as it barely takes me 3 races to clean an entire room of lower rating players. Yes, everytime.

It's really impressive how you can read a post about my dislike for ragequitters in general and infer that I am jealous of people with a high racing score (a score that is absolutely meaningless by the way) LOL. That is quite a stretch my friend, better luck next time. lol
---
PSN PorkSword79
#8ultragamer128Posted 1/3/2013 4:13:53 PM
I actually agree with the OP. I've noticed that ragequitting is becoming a problem online, largely because there is no punishment for disconnecting. It's no coincidence that the players on top of the leaderboards with 2000+ points always leave the room when the countdown timer begins.

"Uh oh, I just lost the race? Well, I'll just use the menu to leave the game and save my points, lol."

It would be really nice if Sumo patched the game with a disconnection punishment or something.
#9ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/3/2013 4:38:05 PM
@ TC

I've pointed out before more than once that players with higher rating also quit, but don't just sit there and try to say "Particularly the ones around 1900" as if we're the ones who quit the most and not players of all rating ranges.
#10mikegoro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 7:52:46 AM
@ValkyrieXVIII wrote:

"It only goes to show just how jealous of players with higher rating you are as you're the kind of person to only try and point out that players with particularly high rating are usually the players quitting the most when this couldn't be more false"

When someone make s such an angry and defensive statement it usually stems from a kernel of guilt, so my guess is that you my friend are indeed a "rage quitter" or have "rage quit" at some point.
---
PSN PorkSword79
More topics from this board...
Friend TopicTanooki_Yoshi110/15 6:06PM