Any word on if weapons carry over too?

#51stangkid95Posted 4/17/2013 7:36:19 AM
What if they did like a previous poster said, that our weapons washed away in the storm, but gave us missions to recover our weapons over the length of the game? That way you get to keep your favorite weapons but you still have to work for them a bit. Not grind like before, just a simple kill 10 Thugs or fetch this item and I'll give you your orange item back type quests. Compromise?
---
GT: GrimmRecon005
#52kel25Posted 4/17/2013 8:31:59 AM
stangkid95 posted...
What if they did like a previous poster said, that our weapons washed away in the storm, but gave us missions to recover our weapons over the length of the game? That way you get to keep your favorite weapons but you still have to work for them a bit. Not grind like before, just a simple kill 10 Thugs or fetch this item and I'll give you your orange item back type quests. Compromise?

Interesting but it probably wouldn't work out too well. They raised the level cap so by time you manage to get that orange weapon back you may not find it as useful as before. You might even think some of your old gear is garbage by time you get it back.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#53tzar_666Posted 4/18/2013 1:56:53 AM
AddictedToXbox posted...
Engineer-sama posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...
tzar_666 posted...
because items scale it wont matter if or not. i know we keep weapon mods and thats far more important.

Are you certain? Damn, I gotta get my ass moving with finding all the mods, then.

Crap man!
If they're gonna import the mods we found at DI, that means they've only added a few mods to DI:R...

I feel empty now.

I recently learned that weapon mod blueprints do NOT carry over.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dead_island_riptide/screenshot-21.html
logan is holding a tesla sledgehammer

show me where it says they dont.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#54AddictedToXboxPosted 4/18/2013 12:51:46 PM
tzar_666 posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...
Engineer-sama posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...
tzar_666 posted...
because items scale it wont matter if or not. i know we keep weapon mods and thats far more important.

Are you certain? Damn, I gotta get my ass moving with finding all the mods, then.

Crap man!
If they're gonna import the mods we found at DI, that means they've only added a few mods to DI:R...

I feel empty now.

I recently learned that weapon mod blueprints do NOT carry over.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dead_island_riptide/screenshot-21.html
logan is holding a tesla sledgehammer

show me where it says they dont.

The topic that was taken down earlier this week. The guy was answering questions about the game, because he had a copy. I asked him if mod blueprints carried over, and he said nothing carries over. It makes sense. If they did, everyone would have developer mod blueprints from the start. My guess is that the Tesla mod can be found in the game. I'd post the link, but the thread was taken down.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#55tzar_666Posted 4/18/2013 4:27:23 PM
i wont insult you
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#56AddictedToXboxPosted 4/18/2013 5:19:39 PM(edited)
tzar_666 posted...
i wont insult you

Do you realize how stupid it sounds when you're basing your proof off of a screenshot? Yes, I cannot prove that he wasn't lying, but let's think about this for a second. Let's say mod blueprints do carry over. How then, would players who choose Morgan, gain access to those blueprints? They wouldn't. What about newcomers? They'd be screwed out of those blueprints. The developers aren't going to alienate players like that, so until you can actually prove what you're claiming, I suggest you quit leading players on by a damn screenshot. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the Tesla mod won't return as an obtainable blueprint. And like I said already, if mod blueprints did carry over, that would mean the developer mod blueprints would too, meaning players would have access to overpowered weapons like the Mindblowing military knife.

Oh, and before you accuse me of lying about the topic I mentioned, there were over half a dozen other users in that thread, who can prove that it existed. I believe it was slasherthrasher, who posted the topic, but I'm not sure. I've PM'd him just so I can prove it.
---
#57tzar_666Posted 4/18/2013 8:22:17 PM
damn. i try and be nice as possible and you call me stupid. i guess being nice to people who make clames with no proof is pretty stupid. i guess your right. being nice to you was pretty stupid.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#58ElevenOhNoesPosted 4/18/2013 9:09:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#59AddictedToXboxPosted 4/18/2013 9:17:14 PM
tzar_666 posted...
damn. i try and be nice as possible and you call me stupid. i guess being nice to people who make clames with no proof is pretty stupid. i guess your right. being nice to you was pretty stupid.

I didn't call you stupid, I said what you are doing is stupid. And don't try to turn the situation around on me. You said you weren't even going to bother insulting me, inferring that my claim is stupid compared to yours, when you have NO proof. When you bare your teeth at someone, don't be surprised when they bare theirs. I'll have my proof once I get a message back. Where's your proof? If you have anything other than a screenshot, show it. If not, then you have no proof.

Burden of proof lies on you. You're the one claiming that all collected mod blueprints carry over, based on a screenshot of Logan holding a sledgehammer with what LOOKS like the Tesla mod, when all the sources I've seen say that nothing carries over, only your level.
---
#60tzar_666Posted 4/18/2013 9:24:04 PM
ElevenOhNoes posted...
Hey guys I didn't read most of the posts in here, I got the game on PS3 today and I can confirm that the only things that carry over are your weapons and skills. I got no option to respec, though I can't rule out being able to do it later on, I'm only around half an hour in.

you talking weapon mods?
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2