Are guns and ammo common in this game now?

#1guildclawsPosted 4/24/2013 2:58:28 AM
Or is it still very scarce like the first one?
#2ssilver7Posted 4/24/2013 3:52:15 AM
Initially it is limited, but if you do a few side-quests then ammo doesn't become a problem to find at vendors. I haven't found that many guns yet, only a few.
#3LycalPosted 4/24/2013 6:40:43 AM
Ammo is common, finding a gun is the big issue. All I've found so far at Chapter 3 was a Nail Gun and Flare gun, both given by quests.
---
Gamertag: Death to PS3s
PSN ID: Death_to_360s
#4BB1RDPosted 4/24/2013 7:00:11 AM
You can get a pistol, shotgun, and auto rifle on the ship at the beginning. Lots of ammo, too. You will find them toward the end of the ship sequence, shortly before it crashes. The guns do seem to be more effective than in DI.
#5Big FanPosted 4/24/2013 7:06:00 AM(edited)
BB1RD posted...
You can get a pistol, shotgun, and auto rifle on the ship at the beginning. Lots of ammo, too. You will find them toward the end of the ship sequence, shortly before it crashes. The guns do seem to be more effective than in DI.

Yeah but you lose it all when you get to the island
---
GT: Code XxX
#6DanKiller7Posted 4/24/2013 10:27:34 AM
I've seen two vendors who sell them, and one was the first female vendor you come actoss. She didn't start selling it till chapter 3 for me however.
---
Collateral Shot! This is too easy..
#7BB1RDPosted 4/25/2013 9:06:35 AM
Big Fan posted...
BB1RD posted...

Yeah but you lose it all when you get to the island

trudat! My sincere apologies. I quit just as I got to beach w/o checking inventory. Guess I "jumped the gun", lol, on that post.
#8CyCoCripPosted 4/25/2013 11:48:51 AM
guess no one here every seen the walking dead?

YOU DONT use guns during the zombie apocalypse. you wanna be stealthy, so GUNS ARE A NO NO..
---
Xbl = Coqui Viejo
#9VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/25/2013 11:52:15 AM
Out of curiosity, is there a higher max ammo capacity in DIR? As I recall, the cap in DI was like 30-50 rounds or something...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#10PunkinDrublic87Posted 4/25/2013 11:52:15 AM
CyCoCrip posted...
guess no one here every seen the walking dead?

YOU DONT use guns during the zombie apocalypse. you wanna be stealthy, so GUNS ARE A NO NO..

There is a character based entirely around using guns...
---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.