The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Favorite weapon so far?

#1PunkinDrublic87Posted 4/24/2013 12:11:15 PM
In games like this you end up making at least one weapon, it is THAT weapon. the one that will maul everything you point it at.

So far mine is a scottish dirk wrapped in barbed wire, because why throw a knife when you can throw a knife with barbed wire?

since I'm playing as logan I'm considering getting a bunch of sledghammers and adding a shock/lighting mod of some sort so I can be a drunken foul mouthed thor fighting zombies.

what about you guys?
---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.
#2sanspachPosted 4/24/2013 12:41:44 PM
So far, I've only played with Xian because I LOVED the katana's, wakashichis, and machete's in 1, they did decent damage (especially when modded with right mod, mine was electric), and seemed to swing faster . I was still leaning that way until I found the staff's. I was reluctant to use one with her speciality being knives and swords (sharp objects), but boy was I surprised. I used one just because I forgot to repair my weapons and only had a staff that I had picked up. That thing swings crazy fast, most often can strike multiples at once, and usually I can just go batsh** on thugs and not get hit. It seems the staff will stagger them so you can get in ALOT of hits before they regain their compusure. By then you are out of stamina, but just back away, refill stamina, repeat. For extra fun with them, I mod them with the liquid fire mod. That way it acts as a torch in dark areas, plus (at least on mine) it seems the mod has a high catch fire rate. I can usually catch a thug or floater on fire twice before they die.
#3legend253Posted 4/24/2013 12:56:17 PM
Funny enough, I made the Scottish dirk with barbed wire and it's incredible.

The staves are also freaking sweet, but my favorite weapons have been shovels. Bladed weapons with a lot of force behind 'em? It's wonderful. I just made a Liquid Fire one. Stoked to try it out.
---
GT: Lord Avon
"I'm sorry Teddie...only people have human rights."
#4PunkinDrublic87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:18:56 PM
legend253 posted...

The staves are also freaking sweet, but my favorite weapons have been shovels. Bladed weapons with a lot of force behind 'em? It's wonderful. I just made a Liquid Fire one. Stoked to try it out.

That's how I felt about fire axes and pickaxes in the first one, can't wait until I find some in this one.
---
The grass is never greener on the other side, I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel.
#5XOmegaProphetXPosted 4/24/2013 1:41:57 PM
legend253 posted...

Liquid fire shovel is awesome! The only down side is the occasional burn damage from zombies catching on fire all the time lol. But the AoE burn damage is nice to have.
#6steveo4183Posted 4/25/2013 9:54:32 PM
At first, it was machetes, with their fast speed and high durability. But then I got a Big Splitting Axe, which made me see the light of Fire Axes...dat force. Once you get used to the timing, it's gg for even groups
#7ieatvegankidsPosted 4/25/2013 10:00:46 PM
Bolt action, chainsaw, and hat rack
---
PSN: corpuscule
#8ssilver7Posted 4/25/2013 11:44:07 PM
Bodily Harm Tonfa.

It's got decent range, speed, force, damage and chance to shock. All I need to do is kick someone to ground then one hit anywhere is enough to kill.
#9Viral56Posted 4/26/2013 12:03:19 AM
My fists.

With Logan, i like to be on higher ground and look down upon my enemies, i barely learned of this move a few hours ago, I aim at them and a prompt to press X shows up, when i do, Logan leaps toward the target and comes down with a devastating (usually one-hit kill) dropping fist.

no clue if thats character specific, but i freaking love it
---
GT: MobiusC
-Bulkhead, I needed that!
#10PunkinDrublic87(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 3:12:38 AM
Viral56 posted...
My fists.

With Logan, i like to be on higher ground and look down upon my enemies, i barely learned of this move a few hours ago, I aim at them and a prompt to press X shows up, when i do, Logan leaps toward the target and comes down with a devastating (usually one-hit kill) dropping fist.

no clue if thats character specific, but i freaking love it

All characters have a drop attack
---