Algae Samples for DR.Jane

#1tebarPosted 4/25/2013 5:16:08 AM
I can't find any of those and I'm approching the end of the game...
Any hints where to find those? thx
#2MahuriPosted 4/25/2013 5:25:50 AM(edited)
Right outside Halai Village, that hub. Theres algae's on the ground, outside the base gate's, should be white pickup markers there on ur minimap
#3tebar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 5:44:40 AM
Just found one, thanks a lot!
No minimap marker though, they are very hard to spot in the water...
#4Rone8822Posted 4/25/2013 9:21:01 AM
They do not show on my map either, what do they look like and where are they exactly? Ty
#5GAGohanPosted 4/25/2013 9:38:33 AM
Track the quest. They started showing up for me. You can find all u need in that village just hang left as u exit the safe house and hug the beach just watch out for the floaters..
---
GT: makky
Pawn name Trunks (thats right i got it first) :P
#6Rone8822Posted 4/25/2013 9:48:59 AM
I am really worried this is a bug. I did not do it when i first found her and im now in ch.8 at the movie theatre. When i track the quest it just tells me to go back to henderson where she currently is even though i do not have the items. There is nothing for me to interact with when i go to the location you say the algae is in.

I suggest everyone do this quest when they first get it to avoid this problem.
#7Rone8822Posted 4/25/2013 10:29:55 AM
Bump
#8GAGohanPosted 4/25/2013 11:36:05 AM
The algae quest is a team quest.. u might be thinking of that quest where u have to enter the cave and collect 3 mushrooms or something...I did finish this before I left the first area. So it might be bugged..
---
GT: makky
Pawn name Trunks (thats right i got it first) :P
#9Rone8822Posted 4/25/2013 11:40:46 AM
GAGohan posted...
The algae quest is a team quest.. u might be thinking of that quest where u have to enter the cave and collect 3 mushrooms or something...I did finish this before I left the first area. So it might be bugged..

I am afraid it is bugged. I've spent hours looking around there now. I will feel very stupid if I finally find some but it would be worth it.

I did read that the TC said he was almost done with the game and went back and did it even though they did not show up on his map. So maybe it isn't bugged since I am assuming he was further ahead than I am. I would be very curious if he could describe exactly where he went, what they looked like, what he did, etc.
#10sloth_of_doomPosted 4/25/2013 4:06:09 PM
I just finished this quest during chapter 12, I didn't get any quest markers and the algae is almost impossible to find so I'd recommend people do it when they first get it but it's definitely possible to do it much much later