My John Morgan Build

#1ReapercreepPosted 4/26/2013 3:07:42 PM
I will start by listing what I have so far, and finish with what I plan to take(only 45 atm):

Palm Strike
Health and Stamina 1
Cardio-3
Puncher-3
Big Boot
Uppercut Attack
Cold Rage-2
Way of the Fist-3
Kiss of the Dragon
Spring
Master Thief-2
Health and Stamina 2
Optimal Maintenance-3
Nosferatu-3
Health and Stamina 3
Cold Rage-1
Frenzy-3
Body Blows-3
Counterattack-3
Weapon Durability-3
Burning Fists-3
Touch of Destruction

These were listed in the order I acquired them. Simply put, I chose damage whenever possible along with anything that involves crit chance.

What I will most likely aim for:

Lightning Moves-3
Infinite Rage-3
Long Hands-3
Zen Time
Like a Rock
Touch of Death
What a Kicker-3*
Uppercut Attack Upgrade-3
Military Training-3*
Marathon Runner
Master Thief-1
Deeper Pockets-1

Things I avoided and why:

Godspeed-Since it drops you out of normal fury, you are far more effective just using your bo staff. If you play co-op exclusively with good friends I could maybe see this as a possibility. Otherwise, skip it.
Kill All, Know All-xp is already easy enough to come by.
Go Green-with the other two rage enhancements, you will already be building it 55% faster(if you maxed your H2H skill)
Charge-Big Boot...nuff said.
Sapper-I have yet to encounter a situation where this was necessary. With a little situational awareness, you can avoid things that go boom.
Life Insurance-Really...because cash is so hard to find.
Weapons Proficiency-While good in theory, what happens when all your skills are capped? Then its just 3 wasted points.
One-Handed Durability-You use H2H weapons.
Life Drain-Again, good in theory but you are better off healing 15% every crit instead of 25% every 3 out of 100 swings.
Strong Legs-This belongs on Xian. You should have no need of jumping.

* I do have a couple questions though. Hopefully anyone who took these skills can provide an answer. With What a Kicker, does it also boost the elemental damage of Big Boot, or just the base damage? Also, with Military Training, do you find it triggers alot, and if so how much does it heal you?

Thanks for the read. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free.
#2P4nd4360xDPosted 4/26/2013 3:13:58 PM
Military training occurred only once for me but I think I got back like 40%. I just got the skill for getting health for every critical.
---
GT: PandaVioLtr2012
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 4/26/2013 3:50:28 PM
Are you sure one-handed durability doesn't apply to H2H weapons?
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4magemaximusPosted 4/26/2013 3:52:53 PM
so it's not possible to max out every skill in every tree
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#5XeonFluPosted 4/26/2013 3:57:23 PM
Go green is amazing.

Optimal maintenance is not a good choice, Sapper is the only thing worth it in that section.

Also charge is great for adding another power move when you want to mix up combos. Also it locks on.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10
#6xxshagalatorxxPosted 4/26/2013 8:11:06 PM
What ability do you have to unlock to be able to stomp on the heads of zombies on the ground? When i first started i chose the automatic combat selection at the begging of the game and I was able to do it from the start. But i started a new game from scratch and i went custom this time and i can't figure out what move it is. I can jump on zombies from above but i cant smash their heads in on the ground
---
I know how to spell and how to type in complete sentences, but I am lazy so the majority of the time I don't. Deal.
#7Lerp85Posted 4/26/2013 8:12:21 PM
xxshagalatorxx posted...
What ability do you have to unlock to be able to stomp on the heads of zombies on the ground? When i first started i chose the automatic combat selection at the begging of the game and I was able to do it from the start. But i started a new game from scratch and i went custom this time and i can't figure out what move it is. I can jump on zombies from above but i cant smash their heads in on the ground

The second main perk in the middle skill tree. That is what does it for all the characters as far as I know.
#8Lerp85Posted 4/26/2013 8:15:00 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...

It does actually, so he might want to rethink that. LOL
#9Reapercreep(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 12:20:25 AM
Lerp85 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

It does actually, so he might want to rethink that. LOL

If that is true, explain to me why there are two different classifications of weapons? Weapon Durability specifically states H2H weapon durability, while One Handed Weapon Durability again specifically states its for one handed weapons. Considering his damage modifies and special moves only work for H2H weapons, are you saying that OHWD crosses weapons classes and covers H2H weapons as well?
#10Reapercreep(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 12:28:35 AM
XeonFlu posted...
Go green is amazing.

Optimal maintenance is not a good choice, Sapper is the only thing worth it in that section.

Also charge is great for adding another power move when you want to mix up combos. Also it locks on.

Again, as I said before, with Infinite Rage and Burning Fists, I am building fury ridiculously fast as it is. I see no reason to spend 3 points into a skill that recycles fury. Its a personal choice, but I'd rather sink them into something combat oriented rather than relying on my fury constantly.

Sapper is useless as explosives can be avoided entirely. The only time I've ever died to explosives is when I throw a Deo-Bomb at my feet to use the checkpoint dupe. As long as you can listen for suiciders, don't take cover behind gas drums, and kill grenadiers from a distance you will never need it. Unfortunately, that tier of skills requires picking the best of the worst as there is really nothing great to choose from. But since you cannot drop-throw dupe H2H weapons, I chose reduced repair cost and just top off my weapons every time I reach a bench.

And why would I invest skills in a second sprint-activated attack, when my class-specific one also comes with a skill that boosts kick damage by 75%? Thats like choosing a bb gun when I've got a shotgun available as well.