*SPOILERS!* Can anyone explain the ending?

#1Frozen_MemoriesPosted 5/2/2013 7:17:57 AM
Seriously, I honestly have no idea what the hell happened. The last scene is the one where we hear growling behind the door right? What was that about? Did the developers really just make us go through an entire game just to imply that all of the main characters mutated while on the boat?

If that's the case then wow, I finally found a game with a worse ending than the Prince of Persia reboot in terms of making all of your efforts ultimately useless.
---
God sees everything.........So stop jacking off........
#2shawnmckPosted 5/2/2013 7:45:20 AM
I personally didn't like the idea of ... mutations among the immune...I mean, are they immune or not...I guess not.
Plus I didn't like the final boss.

As for the end...what is there to explain..?
They either turned or they didn't. We don't know for certain.
#3psnshade71Posted 5/2/2013 7:49:48 AM
They all turned and will be bosses in the next game.
---
Follow me on facebook, twitter, and google plus.
#4Frozen_Memories(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:54:48 AM
shawnmck posted...
I personally didn't like the idea of ... mutations among the immune...I mean, are they immune or not...I guess not.
Plus I didn't like the final boss.

As for the end...what is there to explain..?
They either turned or they didn't. We don't know for certain.

At first I was completely sure that they mutated.... Then I noticed that the door knob turns right before the screen goes to black. Call it blind optimism but I hope that was the characters getting out after killing a mutated survivor.
---
#5kane198tPosted 5/2/2013 10:13:39 AM
Yeah I've had several idea's on the ending in another thread. One is that they already got off the boat or were taken off the boat by Servo's people and that only the other survivors were put down below and left to drift so that the virus could be spread to whatever island they washed up on. Also thought a cool twist would be to find out that John was working with Harlow or Servo or Charon and betrayed the group, and that he's the only one below deck, and that the growling you hear is just for ambient noise. There are quite a few ways the whole thing could play out. I've seen many people say the immune would be bosses for the next game. Is that something that has already been officially stated or just theory?
#6IceDragon77Posted 5/2/2013 11:55:15 AM
I liked the ending. It actually made me feel sad which was the first time either of the 2 games achieved that.

I like the idea of them becoming the first zombies in a new apocalypse. It means 2 things (a) that there will be a new game, and (b) that there would be a new cast of characters, that have skill trees that are actually interesting.

I personally disliked the idea of having 1 character for each weapon type. They should make weapons more universal, like Borderlands 2.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3
#7RicoDaDudePosted 5/2/2013 12:27:40 PM
Don't forget that everyone in Henderson was killed because of the Quarantine zone being blown open.
#8swongqPosted 5/2/2013 12:28:35 PM
Frozen_Memories posted...
Seriously, I honestly have no idea what the hell happened. The last scene is the one where we hear growling behind the door right? What was that about? Did the developers really just make us go through an entire game just to imply that all of the main characters mutated while on the boat?

If that's the case then wow, I finally found a game with a worse ending than the Prince of Persia reboot in terms of making all of your efforts ultimately useless.

think the best term to describe the ending is `cliff hanger` They do it a lot on tv shows and movies but not as much on video games.
#9mfv12979Posted 5/2/2013 12:46:27 PM
they were talking about the ending in ps3 board. How the ending was a slapped in the face. How everything you did was pointless.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#10Frozen_Memories(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:07:22 PM
swongq posted...
Frozen_Memories posted...

think the best term to describe the ending is `cliff hanger` They do it a lot on tv shows and movies but not as much on video games.

It was a freaking terrible ending. A good cllifhanger is something that ties up the current game's story and introduces a new possible plotline during the end to keep players hooked. Riptide's story on the other hand went absolutely nowhere and ended with the writers kicking the players in the balls.

The whole everyone-dies-and-everything-you-did-was-pointless ending is a lazy move by incompetent writers who can't do a proper "sad" ending and just decided to screw every single one of the characters. FF 13-2 had this exact same problem.
---