The rarest orange weapon so far in Dead Island riptide is.... Not the katana

#1donut1illerPosted 5/3/2013 7:36:45 AM
Its the orange Wakizashi..... Its a shorter katana that is a one hit kill always on all normal enemys even those in the water. No other weapon does that.

I had to open around 1000 chests with orange weapons to get it.
---
the wall of stone will crumble
#2donut1iller(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 8:36:37 AM
this is by far my favorite weapon now after 200 hours of playtime with all 4 characters and all other weapons feel like wooden sticks now copared to the AMAZING Wakizashi
---
#3squiggy9996999Posted 5/3/2013 8:40:15 AM
well it depends on what you like. i always preferred the one handed swords in DI to 2 handed, but some people prefer the force ratings of two handers.
---
I want to agree with you but then we'd BOTH be wrong...
#4donut1iller(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 9:09:40 AM
i dont understand your post, what is the point of it ? one hit is a kill, what more could you want ?
---
#5MadigariPosted 5/3/2013 9:57:58 AM
The wakizashi is an one-handed weapon. Katanas are the two-handed ones. It was the same way in Dead Island 1, too.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
If you can't get what you want, then you come with me.
#6donut1iller(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 10:29:33 AM
Madigari posted...
The wakizashi is an one-handed weapon. Katanas are the two-handed ones. It was the same way in Dead Island 1, too.

ok , but its weird they have the exact same stats? they do look different on the ground tho, i just saw them two next to each other,lol...

but if you do the first hit..... does it really matter if its one- or two-handed? just wondering.

that wakizash is almost always a one hit kill so its maybe the best weapon in this game. on the katana its usually that you need two hits.
---
#7MadigariPosted 5/3/2013 10:46:52 AM
donut1iller posted...
ok , but its weird they have the exact same stats? they do look different on the ground tho, i just saw them two next to each other,lol...

but if you do the first hit..... does it really matter if its one- or two-handed? just wondering.

that wakizash is almost always a one hit kill so its maybe the best weapon in this game. on the katana its usually that you need two hits.

It really only matters to a Logan player. Fencer gives +15% damage to one-handed weapons, which makes Wakizashi the better choice over a Katana. Same thing with Sam B and two-handed weapons.

Also, they got pretty lazy with the stats in this game. At level 70, a blue Hatchet has the exact same damage and force as a blue Slicer. So stats repeat themselves a lot in this game.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
If you can't get what you want, then you come with me.
#8donut1iller(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 10:52:50 AM
I am playing with the new character currently. I also have an import at level 70 already, that girl with the gun skills. Tho I felt they werent really needed as this game has more ammo anyways. And some of her other stuff just fees outdated compared to the new character.

Especially when he kicks enemys,or even runs + kicks them, that is just amazing and I dont want to miss out on it.

For him the Wakizashi is just DEADLY.

Not sure if I set any bonus up for this. Its a one hit kill usually.

As for weapons with same stats. Its only happening for SOME orange lvl 70 weapons of the same GENRE. Not for all. Like normal Axe and FIRE AXE are different, but some others are similiar.
---
#9SnizMasterJPosted 5/3/2013 6:26:31 PM
I was lucky enough to get a lv 70 orange Wakizashi when playing through with John.

A friend helped me one over to my Xian character and now zombies don't stand a chance.
#10_huhPosted 5/4/2013 9:38:57 AM
i prefer wood plank
More topics from this board...
Game question? Pleasedrdweeb29/19 8:02AM