Where do I find Stingray Tails (past vendor)?

#1PsychoSkidMarkPosted 5/3/2013 5:04:11 PM
I am already beyond that vendor, but right before making my way to the city. I've searched the board, but can only find people pointing to the vendor. Is there a Dead Zone that spawns them, or a part of the map?
---
"God I hate shoppers"- Gamestop store manager
*Death Rays N00b Legends*
#2joyce_181502Posted 5/3/2013 5:27:25 PM(edited)
I found one in the cabinet to your immediate left in JJ Doctors Dead Zone FWIW
#3DarquePosted 5/3/2013 5:35:45 PM
I've found two from swamp zombies....
---
Jill Valentine > You
#4DanKiller7Posted 5/3/2013 5:50:13 PM
There's another vendor in Henderson that sells them.
---
Collateral Shot! This is too easy..
#5PsychoSkidMark(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 6:39:13 PM
DanKiller7 posted...

Is everyone still available by the time I get there? I heard that some of the party members might vanish about this time.
---
#6hauntbotPosted 5/3/2013 6:43:27 PM
Floaters rarely drop them, they can also rarely be looted from fallen palm fronds by the water, which are a rare ish scattered loot point. There's one right by the malakai fast travel though. It's really best to buy a bunch from that vendor during the brief time you have the chance. :/
---
go get suspended for shouting at 12yr olds again.~wikkiwis
~truballergamerjammer2013
#7DanKiller7Posted 5/3/2013 6:47:40 PM
PsychoSkidMark posted...
DanKiller7 posted...

Is everyone still available by the time I get there? I heard that some of the party members might vanish about this time.

It's not one of the vendors who stay with you it's a woman in a balcony. I forgot her name but I believe she's in the southern area.
---
Collateral Shot! This is too easy..
#8MadigariPosted 5/3/2013 8:03:35 PM
PsychoSkidMark posted...

The person who wants the Stingray Tails will leave your group as soon as you leave the Tunnels (I.E., before Henderson).

In addition, his third tier quest requires you to have been in Henderson to get the item. So it's impossible to get your first run unless someone gives you the third tier item before you leave the Tunnels.

In the Jungle: Palm fronds on the beach front have a chance to drop Stingray Tails. It is also a rare drop from Floaters (fat zombie pukers).

In Ferry Station: There are two fridges upstairs in a snack bar type area. Both have a chance to drop Stingray Tails. They're also close to a fast travel map.

In Henderson: Potential sale from the vendor at the far southwest corner of the map. Also appears in fridges in certain Dead Zones.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
If you can't get what you want, then you come with me.
#9PsychoSkidMark(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 6:16:48 AM
Madigari posted...
PsychoSkidMark posted...

The person who wants the Stingray Tails will leave your group as soon as you leave the Tunnels (I.E., before Henderson).

In addition, his third tier quest requires you to have been in Henderson to get the item. So it's impossible to get your first run unless someone gives you the third tier item before you leave the Tunnels.

In the Jungle: Palm fronds on the beach front have a chance to drop Stingray Tails. It is also a rare drop from Floaters (fat zombie pukers).

In Ferry Station: There are two fridges upstairs in a snack bar type area. Both have a chance to drop Stingray Tails. They're also close to a fast travel map.

In Henderson: Potential sale from the vendor at the far southwest corner of the map. Also appears in fridges in certain Dead Zones.

Bummer about the last item, I went ahead to Henderson and lost the person. I feel better about that though, knowing now that I had no real choice (playing solo). Thanks for all the details!
---
#10tzar_666Posted 5/4/2013 8:28:54 AM
on the beach where you first get up. all along the coast is green patches that have random stuff in them.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
More topics from this board...
Game question? Pleasedrdweeb19/13 7:44AM