Slow Movement

#1FiachPosted 4/23/2013 1:58:01 PM
Tried Purna and the new guy, they seem to walk slowly, sprint doesnt seem very sprintlike and run seems more like a fast walk.

Anyone else have a similar problem or advice on how to cure it?

Thanks for any help :)
---
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric
#2GravyButtPosted 4/23/2013 5:29:00 PM
Same boat. Game seems much more slowed down than the original. Personally I think thats a plus
#3Psycko101Posted 4/23/2013 5:52:10 PM
The speed of the original was fine i,don't see why the need to slow it down.
---
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson
#4FireKatKidPosted 4/23/2013 6:13:20 PM
Are you referring to the very beginning, on the boat? If that's the case, the game as a whole seems to just slow down anyways.
#5Fiach(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 11:59:19 PM
FireKatKid posted...
Are you referring to the very beginning, on the boat? If that's the case, the game as a whole seems to just slow down anyways.

No, initially I put that down to the water physics, but when I got to the island, it still seemed slow, so I looked at a gameplay video of Sam and he seemed to be moving well enough, so I tried the new character, got to the island, still seemd to move slowly, I reduced the reolution and gfx settings, to see if they would help, but to no avail.

The previous game ran fine, never had any problems with it tbh.

At least I'm not the only one, so maybe its patchable.

Its not gamebreaking, its just a feeling I should be moving faster. I dont think its a gfx thing, panning the camera is fine....actually seems faster than the original to me.

Thanks for the replies :)
---
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric
#6FireKatKidPosted 4/24/2013 7:42:17 AM
Fiach posted...
FireKatKid posted...

No, initially I put that down to the water physics, but when I got to the island, it still seemed slow, so I looked at a gameplay video of Sam and he seemed to be moving well enough, so I tried the new character, got to the island, still seemd to move slowly, I reduced the reolution and gfx settings, to see if they would help, but to no avail.

Its not gamebreaking, its just a feeling I should be moving faster. I dont think its a gfx thing, panning the camera is fine....actually seems faster than the original to me.

It might be something on your end then. I've taken an imported Purna and a fresh Xian Mei to the island, and they only lagged on the ship itself. With that in mind, not sure what's making your own game go slow. Maybe delete local files and reinstall from steam? Could just be an issue that arose during pre-loading. I know I did it once right before it released, so that may be it.
#7Fiach(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 8:02:46 AM
FireKatKid posted...
Fiach posted...
FireKatKid posted...

It might be something on your end then. I've taken an imported Purna and a fresh Xian Mei to the island, and they only lagged on the ship itself. With that in mind, not sure what's making your own game go slow. Maybe delete local files and reinstall from steam? Could just be an issue that arose during pre-loading. I know I did it once right before it released, so that may be it.

KK I'll try that later, cheers :)
---
#8ShawBrothersPosted 4/24/2013 9:12:05 AM
I'm using Sam and it feels exactly like the first game.
#9Fiach(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:32:26 AM
ShawBrothers posted...
I'm using Sam and it feels exactly like the first game.

Must be my install then, cheers mate :)
---
#10XioJenesisPosted 4/24/2013 10:43:07 AM
I have the same issue. Takes about a second for the game to even register that I am holding W to move, and everything feels like it is in slow motion. =(
---
Your God is as real as the Tooth Fairy. Deal with it.