Are the skulls back in this game?

#1OdenpethPosted 4/24/2013 9:27:15 AM
Asked the 360 board (have the 360 copy) and no one knows. Was wondering if anyone was able to look into the games code and see if the skulls were in this version or not, or if anyone on here has come across any.
#2Derelict313Posted 4/24/2013 9:35:55 AM
What skulls? I dunno what you're talking about.
#3ralloszekPosted 4/24/2013 9:57:15 AM
There were these hidden skulls scattered around the island you had to find which would reward you with some awesome unique weapons. Many were only great for Logan since you had to throw them for best results.

As for Riptide, I'm not sure but I'd guess there's a possibility of it having something similar.
#4Derelict313Posted 4/24/2013 10:04:32 AM
Wow, I've beaten the first about 3 or 4 times and never once found one or heard of these before. I missed out I guess. Now if only I could play Riptide in multiplayer...
#5Odenpeth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:09:22 AM
Yeah, there were like five different colored skulls hidden around the island. Then you had to find their hidden corresponding altar site to place the skull down and receive a special Blueprint for a modded weapon.
#6BaltoLoneWolfPosted 4/27/2013 4:12:27 PM
Well to my point of view I believe there is a secret skull cos theres those Stone Totem look like Fat Orange Budah Wrestlers on your Map and theres 5 of them that show but Ive also seen 2 places where those Stone Budah are all over the place one near the labratory to the east and one pretty much dot in the middle near the Mataka Village believe is South or West of there but I havnt bothered to try and figure it out yet just trying to finish with John love his shock kick XD sends Zombies flying!
#7jokrayzPosted 4/27/2013 6:20:20 PM
i assume you are talking about the developer mods right?

i don't think anyone knows if they are in right now. i haven't come across a guide for all mods yet. (not that i want all mods anyway).
#8Odenpeth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:56:25 PM
Yeah, I was also wondering what the significance of those statues were.
#9WhiteTigerShiroPosted 5/4/2013 3:12:49 PM(edited)
Derelict313 posted...
Wow, I've beaten the first about 3 or 4 times and never once found one or heard of these before. I missed out I guess. Now if only I could play Riptide in multiplayer...

They were pretty well hidden. The kinda thing you're very unlikely to find without some sort of guide. Here's a video for what is probably the easiest one to find. This one I was able to find on my own, but only because I'm a very-much a "check every nook and cranny" sort of gamer. The others though, they are very well hidden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQtPygqpEo0
---
"Not all who wander are lost."
http://whitetigershiro.blogspot.com/
#10RyanKnight1986Posted 5/5/2013 2:39:18 PM
WhiteTigerShiro posted...
Derelict313 posted...

They were pretty well hidden. The kinda thing you're very unlikely to find without some sort of guide. Here's a video for what is probably the easiest one to find. This one I was able to find on my own, but only because I'm a very-much a "check every nook and cranny" sort of gamer. The others though, they are very well hidden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQtPygqpEo0

I also am a "check every nook and cranny" type as well. And let's just say that my first play through I only found three of the five skulls. They hid the other skulls almost to the point of lunacy. Having to pretend I'm a mountain goat and jumping through all mountains to try to find one, and then having to blow a door with a propane tank (which I had to place next to the door first) to find the other one. While crazy, it added to the enjoyment and the gratification when I finally found them all.