Side Missions?

#1DrSlinkyPosted 4/28/2013 3:50:32 PM
One of the aspects of Dead Island that I really loved were all the side missions. I loved having other objectives than simply following the main storyline, and doing the missions I want when I want.

I've played Riptide for a few hours now, And aside from the "help me! help me! I'm on top of a camper surrounded by zombies" quests (and I use the term quest very loosely) the only other side missions I've found are the continuous painkiller and canned food quests, and the spontaneous quest given when you enter a cave with a boss zombie in it.

Am I just not far in enough? Do the number of missions balloon at some point, or did this game throw away all the side quests?
#2LobsterDandyPosted 4/28/2013 4:10:53 PM
There should have been some more you should have received from NPCs now at Paradise and Hanai. But there just does not seem to be as many genuine side quests this time around.
---
I believe in Artemis Hound & John Magnum
The heroes 215 deserve.
#3createdforthisPosted 4/28/2013 5:59:24 PM
Side quests suck!

They just take too damn long. Because the only real travel in this game is either a Vehicle (Car, Boat), or your feet, it makes side quests really pointless, or they need to make side quest objective's closer to the quest giver.

It's so boring to run 20 min to get wire, then have to run 20 min back..Even with a vehicle it's still too long.

Unless there is some patch to fix the traveling, then I'm done doing side quests
#4thunder6700Posted 4/29/2013 6:32:22 PM
Was it not enough to make your own crying post about the sidequests? This guy is asking where to find them, not for your whining.

Anyways yeah there is more sidequests. There is 80 Quests in the game and only 28 of them is the main story. You will find them as you progress to other areas and from random NPCs around the map.

I have to say I really enjoy the sidequests just exploring, killing and looting is lots of fun in this game.
#5CrankyCrabPosted 4/30/2013 4:37:07 PM
thunder6700 posted...
Was it not enough to make your own crying post about the sidequests? This guy is asking where to find them, not for your whining.

Anyways yeah there is more sidequests. There is 80 Quests in the game and only 28 of them is the main story. You will find them as you progress to other areas and from random NPCs around the map.

I have to say I really enjoy the sidequests just exploring, killing and looting is lots of fun in this game.

You need to remember this is the guy who railed about how Deep Silver sucks for doing a sequel instead of fixing the first game and then still bought it just to complain about it.

But side quests should appear in any safe places from characters. Alot are fetch quests, but they're still fun and can lead to good rewards.
#6Derelict313Posted 5/1/2013 8:28:07 AM
createdforthis posted...
Side quests suck!

They just take too damn long. Because the only real travel in this game is either a Vehicle (Car, Boat), or your feet, it makes side quests really pointless, or they need to make side quest objective's closer to the quest giver.

It's so boring to run 20 min to get wire, then have to run 20 min back..Even with a vehicle it's still too long.

Unless there is some patch to fix the traveling, then I'm done doing side quests

Get the hell off of the Internet. All you do is make crying posts and topics about stuff that makes no sense without the ability to even back up your statements. Just shut up and leave. No one needs you here.
#7OblivionPosted 5/1/2013 11:35:31 AM
You can also get side missions if you go into your menu and select Team. Members of the village are listed and you can just click on ones that say New Quest Available.
---
XBL GT: Godd Overlord
Currently Playing: Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, Dragon Quest IX
#8createdforthisPosted 5/3/2013 3:17:02 PM
Why does anyone want to waste almost and hour doing 1 side mission?
#9aestevalis_0Posted 5/4/2013 2:09:58 AM
createdforthis posted...

Why do you want to waste your life complaining on the internet, troll?
---
Human beings are a very irrational species. Some are even afraid of pickles.
#10Syco ClownPosted 5/4/2013 6:48:17 AM
createdforthis posted...

Why play any games if you are just wasting your time? Some people enjoy gaming and find it as a good outlet after a lame day at work or elsewhere.

Why waste any time of your life causing arguments and abusing people if you have so many better things to do with your life.

If you have time to post here, you have time to go complete those side quests, therefore your arguments and points you make are all intended to troll and cause fights. Be civil with your posts and perhaps you may get a civilised discussion.
---
Obscure Creations
More topics from this board...
Marcus cheatsItemloop210/21 5:18PM