Using DS Game cards to get pokemon in Dream Radar

#1DeLa50k0Posted 10/9/2012 11:06:04 AM
Okay my question is this I heard from reading you can put certain cartridges in your 3ds to get certain pokemon on the dream radar. My question is how do u do it. I know like:
Soul Silver - Lugia
Heart Gold - Ho Oh
Diamond - Dialga
Pearl - Palkia
Platinum - Giratina

I get you put it in there but then were do u go on the Dream Radar
#2Lucario_PlayerPosted 10/9/2012 11:11:20 AM
You need to get all the Therian Form pokemon before you are able to do this. After doing so, just inserting the cartridge and going to the main menu from the title screen will prompt Professor Burnette to let you know a course is unlocked depending on which game it is.
---
Uploading games with my commentary at www.youtube.com/LucarioPlayer14
Also owner of a 3DS capture device (US 3DS games only)
#3DeLa50k0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 11:14:15 AM
k well thats great then I only have to get 2 more pokemon and stuff
#4Gogo726Posted 10/9/2012 1:28:35 PM
This is wonderful news. I made the mistake of killing Palika in Pearl rather than capturing him.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#5Mr StickPosted 10/9/2012 1:53:08 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think Japanese cartridges work for this as well. Someone on the Serebii forums mentioned that they were able to send Pokemon from the English Dream Radar down to a Japanese Black 2, so presumably, that means it will recognize Japanese Pearl/Diamond/Platinum/HG/SS games. Hopefully true, but I don't have Landorus yet to test this.

The reason I hope it is true is solely because I want to have a Palkia actually named Palkia with an English name, since mine is in Japanese. Not that it really matters, but I do like my legendaries having English names...

Gogo726 posted...
This is wonderful news. I made the mistake of killing Palika in Pearl rather than capturing him.

And then saved instead of trying again? D:
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491
#6banjo kazooiePosted 10/11/2012 1:18:30 PM
Mr Stick posted...
If I'm not mistaken, I think Japanese cartridges work for this as well. Someone on the Serebii forums mentioned that they were able to send Pokemon from the English Dream Radar down to a Japanese Black 2, so presumably, that means it will recognize Japanese Pearl/Diamond/Platinum/HG/SS games. Hopefully true, but I don't have Landorus yet to test this.

Considering how amazingly unlikely it was to be able to successfully transfer to a region-locked game from another region, I'd say there's a 100% chance of it recognising the non-region-locked games of the series.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#7Mr StickPosted 10/11/2012 1:27:19 PM
banjo kazooie posted...
Mr Stick posted...

Considering how amazingly unlikely it was to be able to successfully transfer to a region-locked game from another region, I'd say there's a 100% chance of it recognising the non-region-locked games of the series.

That's what I thought.

But yeah, the previous games aren't region locked, so I don't think they'll matter. Likewise, I believe I was able to use the English GBA games to unlock stuff in Japanese Pearl, but I honestly can't remember, since that was a good 6 years ago.
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491
#8TheGoluxPosted 10/11/2012 9:55:50 PM
I used a japanese platinum to unlock the temporal extension on english dream radar, so I can confirm personally that it works like you said it should.
---
Member of FAITH and Official GameFAQS Junk Tech
Pokemon FCs: Pearl: 4553 9411 8020 - Black (JP): 3610 6539 6440 - White: 2537 3601 8209
#9Luigifan305Posted 10/12/2012 12:31:51 AM
Does it work with Black 1 & White 1 to get Reshiram & Zekrom?
#10zeldashoPosted 10/12/2012 12:33:49 AM
Just curious, does simply putting the cart in permanently unlock them? Or do you have to play while the cart is in the whole time.

Wondering because I'm pretty cool with local Gamestop employees, so I was gonna ask to try lol.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, DoA5, TTT2, Borderlands 2, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon SS, FFXIII-2