What a tease...

#1NasirJonesPosted 6/7/2012 11:04:11 AM
This game will be coming out (for Japanese PSPs) but it will ONCE AGAIN be the DS remake that we've seen rehashed for now a second time.

And they tease us with the ability to play with the original background music.

Of course it's not announced to be released here in America, but it's likely, and it looks like we will never get the chance to play the original NES version in any form legitimately.

Sad, sad.

On the bright side, it will now be possible to play each of the first nine games all on your PSP.

FF1-4: Full on-disc PSP games.
FF5-9: PsOne Classics.
#2YarottPosted 6/7/2012 11:19:23 AM
The odds are tipping slightly on the positive side of the scale that this game gets a western release. But, for it being a PSP port, it will most certainly be Digital-only. And only because it would be perfect to have on the Vita, as well!
---
On the Internet, there are no Ganons or Zeldas, only Links.
The Official Stiltzkin of all boards
#3Stahn AlveinPosted 6/7/2012 12:24:09 PM
They didn't announce FFIV: CC until a couple of months before release here, so don't worry too much if a western announcement isn't immediate.

I'm...actually happy for this; I loved the Famicom version and was pissed that I missed out on the DS version (low vision - can't play; at least the PSP has TV-Out); I'm hoping that since this was released AFTER that V and VI are being worked on and this gives them time to finish.
#4xxnike629xxPosted 6/7/2012 4:11:04 PM
Very happy this is coming. I sold my DS version and was really hoping for this.

I hope that after this, we see Final Fantasy V (PSP) and Final Fantasy VI (PSP) as an enhanced port from the GBA games.

Would be cool if they packed both together in 1 like Final Fantasy Anthology back from the PS1 days. =D
---
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629
#5pokechampionPosted 6/7/2012 7:04:07 PM
Actually, this is great news, since you can get to play FF from I trough IX :P
and if you have a Vita, once FFX HD is released, you can play from I to X >w<
---
Official Firaga of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
#6GhetsisPosted 6/7/2012 8:22:34 PM(edited)
Stupid SE.

I always said I would instantly buy Final Fantasy III if it ever got the treatment that I, II, and IV got. (Well, in terms of graphics, at least.)

I hear FFIII is coming to PSP and get extremely excited (The game is my second-favorite game of all time, after all.) And then....it's yet another port of the inferior DS version....WHY?

I hate Square Enix now...
---
Yellonde - Ghetsis(Priest) Ranboob(Cannon Trooper) Marstorius(Demon Slayer)
#7NasirJones(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 9:36:07 PM
Ghetsis posted...
Stupid SE.

I always said I would instantly buy Final Fantasy III if it ever got the treatment that I, II, and IV got. (Well, in terms of graphics, at least.)

I hear FFIII is coming to PSP and get extremely excited (The game is my second-favorite game of all time, after all.) And then....it's yet another port of the inferior DS version....WHY?

I hate Square Enix now...

This man understands the pain of just wanting to play the original in a real localization.
#8CitanKainUzukiPosted 6/8/2012 7:00:59 AM
Unless this comes with the Famicom original version, then this will turn out to be the most pointless port ever...
---
PSN: CitanKainUzuki
Now playing - Tales of Graces f (110 hours), Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (112 hours), Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection
#9Master_Arbiter4Posted 6/8/2012 1:07:48 PM
I was so excited...
Then learned it wasn't the "original" version... Some DS Remake...
:( Now, I still can't say I've beaten I - XIII-2...
III is the only one keeping me from that ;(
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Call Me PeePz * I don't hump the Bible, the Bible humps me
Love the Final Fantasy Series... 16 years old
#10maxxxximumPosted 6/8/2012 1:25:33 PM
Maybe it'll come with the 2D version? I mean, there's no way in hell it will, but we can still futilely hope right?
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/