Glad its the DS version.

#1JackstinPosted 6/11/2012 3:57:35 AM
Only issue I had with it is the speed of everything. The iOS version is absolutely gorgeous (which I assume will be how the PSP version looks) and the bonus content such as Iron Giant were fun. DS version is generally true to the original, so other than being OCD and wanting a complete set of 1-6 in the same style I can't see this being a bad thing.
---
Kiss the Evil Dragon King
#2TiaelPosted 6/11/2012 7:02:41 AM(edited)
No, but this is assuming it releases outside of Japan.
It's already translated, and I can see them doing a PSN only release in the states (physical copy in JP and PSN), but not 100% certainty of it releasing here.

Jump reports the PSP version will have enhanced graphics and a brand new option to play through the game using the original Famicom music. Sorry, if you were hoping for the lost Wonderswan version.

Final Fantasy III will be available for PSP on September 20 for 3,800 yen ($48) in stores or 3,300 yen ($41) as a PSN download.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/10/final-fantasy-iii-job-changes-from-ds-to-psp/

The game, which hit both the DS and the iOS, will allow players to play through FFIII with the game's original music. It's also has an "auto battle" feature that doubles the speed of the battles for automatic fighting.

http://kotaku.com/5917292/final-fantasy-iii-has-chocobos-fit-for-the-psp

So yeah, seems like it'll be based on the iOS version, just with auto-battle and the option to use the original NES music.

---
Playing: FFXIII-2, God of War and Jak & Daxter Collection, Tales of Graces f, Xenoblade
Waiting for: The Last Story
#3CrepitantPosted 6/12/2012 12:53:47 AM
I didn't like the artstyle on the DS. Every single DS rpg looks exactly the same (character model/styles). Kind of dull.
#4blade113355Posted 6/24/2012 9:20:40 PM
Crepitant posted...
I didn't like the artstyle on the DS. Every single DS rpg looks exactly the same (character model/styles). Kind of dull.

No just no, you are pretty much wrong there good sir
---
I had a self racial joke here about the name of a game and gamefaqs got butthurt and removed it.
#5DemonDogBoyZeroPosted 6/25/2012 12:33:41 PM
Crepitant posted...

The graphics were fine. What I didn't enjoy is that they didn't get VA for the cutscenes like they did with the FFIV ds remake. It made a lot of scenes in III drawn out and down right boring to scroll through.
#6CrepitantPosted 7/16/2012 12:01:19 PM
blade113355 posted...
Crepitant posted...

True. I typed it all up before thinking it through. Haven't used a DS in many years. As far as the 3d style rpgs went I had seen a lot that looked very similar. FFIII, FFIV and Nostalgia are the only ones I remember now but they look horrible to me compared to 2d rpgs.

Even when I used to use my DS I wasn't very well-informed about what was out there, but I definitely hate this style so it's a shame that the PSP port has to use it.
#7ToastyAnakinPosted 7/17/2012 6:06:19 AM
I might trade in my ds version for this if it comes to the US.

The music might even sound very different on psp speakers due to DS compression.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#8leeko_linkPosted 7/17/2012 6:44:47 PM
Crepitant posted...
blade113355 posted...
Crepitant posted...

True. I typed it all up before thinking it through. Haven't used a DS in many years. As far as the 3d style rpgs went I had seen a lot that looked very similar. FFIII, FFIV and Nostalgia are the only ones I remember now but they look horrible to me compared to 2d rpgs.

Even when I used to use my DS I wasn't very well-informed about what was out there, but I definitely hate this style so it's a shame that the PSP port has to use it.

Perhaps you should play more DS RPGs that are not made by Matrix like Radiant Historia, Phantasy Star Zero, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Eterian Odyssey I-III, Dragon Quest IV, V, VI & IX, Suikoden Tierkreis, Black Sigil, etc. Nostalgia on the otherhand was actually a decent RPG.
#9Hvv0l24n9Posted 7/24/2012 8:12:59 AM
I'm glad it's the DS version as well. I don't want to play a 2D game with lifeless characters. FFI was hard for me to play through.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#10xOmniCloudxPosted 7/25/2012 9:36:13 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
I'm glad it's the DS version as well. I don't want to play a 2D game with lifeless characters. FFI was hard for me to play through.

LOL, so ridiculous a comment. So you'd rather play the 3D version with lifeless characters then...
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.