So Final Fantasy V anniversary is in December...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. So Final Fantasy V anniversary is in December...

User Info: LunarSilhouette

LunarSilhouette
4 years ago#11
I thought Dimensions was fantastic. Well worth the money. There's plenty of abilities to play with, and there is a lot of references and whatnot to the older games.
Mc: *Makes cat noises*. Yukari: "I-Is that a fox?", Mc: "It's a cat, dammit!" - Persona 3 Portable

User Info: kazin1979

kazin1979
4 years ago#12
DS IV is bad???
Best version of the game by a long long way imo,and I have played virtually all versions of IV.
Auguments,sirens being bought from shops,fantastic battle system which was a joy to play and challenging,new game+ of sorts,extra mini games,voice acting,stat level up finally manageable...That's just off the top of my head.
The wheel of time turns...

User Info: Foofyhead

Foofyhead
4 years ago#13
The augment system added nothing to the game. I'm glad it wasn't included in the PSP version, which is the best version.
That thing that killed you is a total dick. Please disregard this if you committed suicide.
http://backloggery.com/foofyhead

User Info: Borzoi69

Borzoi69
4 years ago#14
I liked the DS version. I didn't think the style of graphics suited the story but the game overall did very well.

The graphics seemed to cartoony for such a serious story but not too cartoony that it takes away from the game. I liked the voice acting in the game too. I thought it was done pretty well. I think the graphics style would suit Final Fantasy V really well though so if they do remake FFV, I do home that it's done with the graphics style of Final Fantasy III/IV DS and hopefully with voice acting too.

Also, I want Dimensions but it's not available in the UK yet. :(
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/TheBorzoi.png

Foofyhead
4 years ago#15
Regardless of whether the remakes (I'm pretty sure they're coming soon) are 2D or 3D, I'd rather have them then a new FF. Unless SE goes back to the glory days of FF (IV-VI, even I-III were better than recent offerings), new offerings just aren't as fun.

I'd love to see remakes of VII and onward, in the vein of a SNES game. ATB battle system, 4-5 characters in battle, stuff like that.
That thing that killed you is a total dick. Please disregard this if you committed suicide.

User Info: kazin1979

kazin1979
4 years ago#16
Well we disagree on the DS version of IV but I'm with you on old skool final fantasy,I love replaying them every time they get re-released...Just wish they would make the newer ones in the same vein as the old classics :(
The wheel of time turns...

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
4 years ago#17
i wouldnt mind an updated version like the ffIV complete collection (chances are it would have english) basicaly FFV advance with updated music and visuals.

really just a way to play FFV reliably on a psp, the psone classics version seems to glitch allot from what i hear.
Pear into Peaches!

Tenchi UK
4 years ago#18
heck FFVI would be nice with similar treatment (FFVI advance fixed a few annoying bugs from the original game, vanish doom being one of them)
Pear into Peaches!

Foofyhead
4 years ago#19
What's the Vanish Doom bug again? I recall using Vanish and X-Zone in tandem, is there something similar with V/D? Of course, V and X wasn't a bug (from what I understood), so I assume you're talking about something completely different.

Also, I like any version of IV, as it is my favorite game of all time. I just don't think augments gave it an edge over the PSP version. It was better than the GBA version though. I'd love to see a FF game that looks like the 3D version of IV (or III), but have sprites like the PSP version. Meaning, 3D places and stuff, but sprites. I also prefer the font and crap that was changed (comparing III on PSP and DS). It seems to me that whenever a FF is on a Nintendo handheld, the presentation isn't right (again, regarding fonts and other message box crap).

Anyway, playing through FF I PSP (and then II) again. Going to go through IV and TAY again as well. Also going to try V (PS1 version) on the PSP. Started it on the PS3, but I'm going through a FF marathon on the PSP. V and VI are great games, so playing them again on the PSP will be fun.
Stupid people should die. Well, it was nice knowing everyone.

Tenchi UK
4 years ago#20
it was known as the "vanish doom" bug but it was more of an oversight where vanish status removes immunity to instant death on bosses (or any enemy)
Pear into Peaches!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy III
  3. So Final Fantasy V anniversary is in December...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived