So Final Fantasy V anniversary is in December...

#11LunarSilhouettePosted 10/6/2012 10:18:22 PM
I thought Dimensions was fantastic. Well worth the money. There's plenty of abilities to play with, and there is a lot of references and whatnot to the older games.
---
Mc: *Makes cat noises*. Yukari: "I-Is that a fox?", Mc: "It's a cat, dammit!" - Persona 3 Portable
#12kazin1979Posted 10/7/2012 5:49:37 PM
DS IV is bad???
Best version of the game by a long long way imo,and I have played virtually all versions of IV.
Auguments,sirens being bought from shops,fantastic battle system which was a joy to play and challenging,new game+ of sorts,extra mini games,voice acting,stat level up finally manageable...That's just off the top of my head.
---
The wheel of time turns...
#13FoofyheadPosted 10/11/2012 2:03:35 AM
The augment system added nothing to the game. I'm glad it wasn't included in the PSP version, which is the best version.
---
That thing that killed you is a total dick. Please disregard this if you committed suicide.
http://backloggery.com/foofyhead
#14Borzoi69Posted 10/12/2012 2:29:41 PM
I liked the DS version. I didn't think the style of graphics suited the story but the game overall did very well.

The graphics seemed to cartoony for such a serious story but not too cartoony that it takes away from the game. I liked the voice acting in the game too. I thought it was done pretty well. I think the graphics style would suit Final Fantasy V really well though so if they do remake FFV, I do home that it's done with the graphics style of Final Fantasy III/IV DS and hopefully with voice acting too.

Also, I want Dimensions but it's not available in the UK yet. :(
---
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/TheBorzoi.png
#15FoofyheadPosted 10/12/2012 4:46:43 PM(edited)
Regardless of whether the remakes (I'm pretty sure they're coming soon) are 2D or 3D, I'd rather have them then a new FF. Unless SE goes back to the glory days of FF (IV-VI, even I-III were better than recent offerings), new offerings just aren't as fun.

I'd love to see remakes of VII and onward, in the vein of a SNES game. ATB battle system, 4-5 characters in battle, stuff like that.
---
That thing that killed you is a total dick. Please disregard this if you committed suicide.
#16kazin1979Posted 10/13/2012 5:36:42 PM
Well we disagree on the DS version of IV but I'm with you on old skool final fantasy,I love replaying them every time they get re-released...Just wish they would make the newer ones in the same vein as the old classics :(
---
The wheel of time turns...
#17Tenchi UKPosted 10/13/2012 6:32:04 PM
i wouldnt mind an updated version like the ffIV complete collection (chances are it would have english) basicaly FFV advance with updated music and visuals.

really just a way to play FFV reliably on a psp, the psone classics version seems to glitch allot from what i hear.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#18Tenchi UKPosted 10/13/2012 6:33:39 PM
heck FFVI would be nice with similar treatment (FFVI advance fixed a few annoying bugs from the original game, vanish doom being one of them)
---
Pear into Peaches!
#19FoofyheadPosted 10/14/2012 9:36:20 AM
What's the Vanish Doom bug again? I recall using Vanish and X-Zone in tandem, is there something similar with V/D? Of course, V and X wasn't a bug (from what I understood), so I assume you're talking about something completely different.

Also, I like any version of IV, as it is my favorite game of all time. I just don't think augments gave it an edge over the PSP version. It was better than the GBA version though. I'd love to see a FF game that looks like the 3D version of IV (or III), but have sprites like the PSP version. Meaning, 3D places and stuff, but sprites. I also prefer the font and crap that was changed (comparing III on PSP and DS). It seems to me that whenever a FF is on a Nintendo handheld, the presentation isn't right (again, regarding fonts and other message box crap).

Anyway, playing through FF I PSP (and then II) again. Going to go through IV and TAY again as well. Also going to try V (PS1 version) on the PSP. Started it on the PS3, but I'm going through a FF marathon on the PSP. V and VI are great games, so playing them again on the PSP will be fun.
---
Stupid people should die. Well, it was nice knowing everyone.
#20Tenchi UKPosted 10/14/2012 10:21:14 AM
it was known as the "vanish doom" bug but it was more of an oversight where vanish status removes immunity to instant death on bosses (or any enemy)
---
Pear into Peaches!