No 3D support for Okami?... Sony gave 3D a push for... 11 or 12 months?

#1artynerdPosted 10/29/2012 6:49:03 AM
The 3D was awesome for the God of War HD versions. Very bummed Okami doesn't support 3D :(
---
I do what I want when I want. Dig it or **** off
#2Siegfried066Posted 10/29/2012 11:18:59 AM
Aw, that's too bad :( While I don't have a 3D TV (yet, waiting for a huge price-drop...) I assumed it would have 3D support (heard some great stuff about the 3D mode of "Child of Eden").

Seems like a missed opportunity. Reviving a sapling in stereo-scopic (spelling?) 3D would have made me weep in awe T_T (and yes, I already own + finished the PS2 and Wii versions 100 %, still love the game a LOT ^_-)
---
Currently playing: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Devil May Cry HD Collection (Xbox 360), Prototype (PS3)
#3HybridMikePosted 10/29/2012 2:21:55 PM
It could be a variety of factors. I imagine that Sony may subsidize studios for 3D but Capcom thought it wouldn't be worth it. Or the team remastering it didn't have the resources, or perhaps Sony doesn't subsidize 3D at all and then it would be an even easier decision for Capcom. I don't think they would decide to spend much time/money on something that probably won't make a big difference in sales.
---
PSN:M1K3Y-88 / MikeyAndTheCity | Live: M1K3Y88
#4Siegfried066Posted 10/29/2012 2:30:44 PM
Good post, HybridMike

Still seems odd they "bothered" with it for Child of Eden, though (while I own and love both the 360 and PS3 version, I can't even imagine the publisher/developer expected that game to be a big seller).

And since the 360 version of Child of Eden got released some time before the PS3 version, sales figures would have been available soon enough to see if the 3D mode was worth the extra effort (just my personal opion on the matter).
---
Currently playing: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Devil May Cry HD Collection (Xbox 360), Prototype (PS3)
#5danl0134Posted 10/29/2012 5:35:38 PM
Just like all of the previous pushes for 3D in the past, the current short-lived push was temporary as well. It's been like this since 3D was first developed before even the invention of celluloid film using special glasses you looked through to view two slightly different paintings that were attached 6 inches away from your face.

People get excited by it, it's pushed in multimedia, then the majority get bored with it after a year or two.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#6DiscomasterPosted 10/30/2012 7:52:09 AM
How exactly would 3D work with Okami? I mean, I get 3D for a lot of games with high artistic value, like Shadow of the Colossus which is made to look stylish but still realistic, but this is an interactive watercolor painting. I think it's appropriate that it's going to look flat.
#7sneakysnakePosted 10/30/2012 12:12:30 PM
At least it didn't turn like what Hijinx Studio did to Silent Hill HD or what High Voltage did to Zone of the Enders HD.
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#8Vs1991Posted 10/30/2012 12:14:29 PM
meh 3d annoying. if i didnt have glasses it might be ok, but im really happy with native 1080p
#9PojoTheChickenPosted 10/30/2012 4:41:17 PM
Anything not natively made for 3D is never going to look that great in 3D IMO...It works for GoW because those games are washed out anyways. On on game like this, the 3D might mess with the colour.

An example would be movies not made for 3D but get it thrown in anyways and the colours are just not the same.