Question about the Asian retail-version

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Okami HD
  3. Question about the Asian retail-version

User Info: Siegfried066

Siegfried066
4 years ago#1
Does anyone have a confirmation yet if this will be "Japanese/Chinese-text only" release, or one of those "Chinese + English" releases? (where the in-game text and/or speech can be in English, depending on the system language)

Examples of such a "Chinese + English" Asian PS3 retail-release that I can confirm myself are "Final Fantasy XIII" (BCAS-25011, Ultimate Hits release) and "Final Fantasy XIII-2" (BCAS-20224)

If no-one knows yet, I guess we'll have to wait for someone on this board to get the Asian retail version when it's released and post about it ^_^

PS: I don't trust Play-Asia's info on the "Langue: Japanese" listing, because I noticed in the past a few import Xbox 360 games I intended to buy had wrong "Region-lock" information listed on their site (a few people I know with the games and an imported console thankfully stopped me in time from buying those games).
Currently playing: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Devil May Cry HD Collection (Xbox 360), Prototype (PS3)

User Info: Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil
4 years ago#2
That was just a deal with Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong Limited and Square Enix in Asia territories it doesn't mean other companies would do the same.

This is Capcom after all so I am certain it is japanese text only, only way to know is if play-asia tests it or someone buys it and checks if it is or not.
GT: Yeloazndevil

User Info: Siegfried066

Siegfried066
4 years ago#3
Thanks a lot for the post, Yeloazndevil I had no idea about that deal from Sony Computer Entertainment Hongkong (I confess I got it to hear what the Japanese voice-acting was about).

Now I'll just be waiting for confirmation on this board on Okami's HD text-language (I'm still on the fence about getting the PSN-version in Europe. Darn tiny HDD of my PS3 >_<).
Currently playing: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), Devil May Cry HD Collection (Xbox 360), Prototype (PS3)
  1. Boards
  2. Okami HD
  3. Question about the Asian retail-version

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived