Sell this game to me please

#1corruptnovelistPosted 10/30/2012 4:51:36 AM
Alright fellas...I've never played this game before..seen a bunch of reviews and have an idea of what to expect...

Now is this game really like Zelda? I was never a big fan of the series and is love to try this game out.

How is the combat? Are there memorable boss battles? Are there alot of boss battles? Idk but I'm so interested in it and I don't want to blow 20 bucks.

Thanks for the feedback!!
#2Death_WingPosted 10/30/2012 4:59:31 AM
If you don't like the Legend of Zelda series I guarantee you won't like this. It's basically the same formula but better (IMO I mean I consider THE best game of all time). Most, if not all, the boss battles are memorable, but yeah like I said if you don't enjoy LoZ I HIGHLY doubt you'll enjoy Okami. If gameplay videos or let's plays haven't convinced you I doubt we can.
---
PSN: Deathwing03
EVIL IS POWERFUL BUT COURAGE IS SOLID!
#3tigerex777Posted 10/30/2012 5:26:09 AM
You need to be more specific. Do you not like all Zeldas or just the ones you tried? do you not like the zelda formula or rpg/adventure genre in general? Although Okami does follow the zelda formula it does not mean it's just like zelda; you'll definitely get a different experience. Symphony of the Night and Super Metroid have the similar exploring and level up formula, but does not mean they're exactly the same.

What I'm getting at is, just because you don't like Zelda and Okami is kind of like zelda, does not mean you won't like it either. It would be a waste to pass on a game just because it is similar to another one you don't like. In terms of story, it is definitely not like zelda, it is much better in that department. Dungeon design is kind of similar; you have to fight enemies and solve puzzles to move on. Gameplay however is different. You have your standard hack and slash gameplay but you also have the celestial brush, which makes the combat more fun and dynamic. Bosses are kind of similar but I find the bosses in Okami more fun and creative; but to be honest they're kind of similar in that once you know the pattern it's not really challenging.

I encourage you watch some playthrough videos and make your decision from there; but the game is lengthy and has a really good story. On top of that the gameplay is awesome and there are many memorable characters, including the bad guys.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#4Saiyan_EmperorPosted 10/30/2012 5:59:39 AM
^He makes a good point, I don't like Zelda games yet I like the Darksiders games
---
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/22/ape-escape-hd-collection/
^Please vote
#5corruptnovelist(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2012 11:31:34 AM
tigerex777 posted...
You need to be more specific. Do you not like all Zeldas or just the ones you tried? do you not like the zelda formula or rpg/adventure genre in general? Although Okami does follow the zelda formula it does not mean it's just like zelda; you'll definitely get a different experience. Symphony of the Night and Super Metroid have the similar exploring and level up formula, but does not mean they're exactly the same.

What I'm getting at is, just because you don't like Zelda and Okami is kind of like zelda, does not mean you won't like it either. It would be a waste to pass on a game just because it is similar to another one you don't like. In terms of story, it is definitely not like zelda, it is much better in that department. Dungeon design is kind of similar; you have to fight enemies and solve puzzles to move on. Gameplay however is different. You have your standard hack and slash gameplay but you also have the celestial brush, which makes the combat more fun and dynamic. Bosses are kind of similar but I find the bosses in Okami more fun and creative; but to be honest they're kind of similar in that once you know the pattern it's not really challenging.

I encourage you watch some playthrough videos and make your decision from there; but the game is lengthy and has a really good story. On top of that the gameplay is awesome and there are many memorable characters, including the bad guys.

Thanks man.what I meant is I've never been interested in the world of Zelda and the gameplay has just been boring to me.

From the gameplay I've seen it looks very interesting and I enjoy the scenery.i can't believe I never picked it up..

I think I'm gonna purchase it right now.thanks for the response
#6Gaming_Pal_TEJPosted 10/30/2012 11:47:12 AM
It's an action/adventure game like zelda, but I thought the adventure aspect of this game was much better than the action aspect.

also, sotn and super metroid do not have a similar level up formula. In SM you get a limited number of power ups, while sotn is exp based and you can power up as much as you want before tackling a boss.
---
Hooah!
#7Psychochild27Posted 10/30/2012 12:19:57 PM
Gaming_Pal_TEJ posted...
It's an action/adventure game like zelda, but I thought the adventure aspect of this game was much better than the action aspect.

also, sotn and super metroid do not have a similar level up formula. In SM you get a limited number of power ups, while sotn is exp based and you can power up as much as you want before tackling a boss.

You're only helping to prove his point; they're similar experiences on the most superficial layer, yet the further you delve it becomes all that more apparent they're entirely different experiences. Game's definitely an experience worth working through.