Amazing price for such a good port

#1Rufus_the_ratPosted 10/31/2012 12:25:57 AM
Probably 75% of the HD "remaster" ports this gen have sucked in one way or another. But Okami looks and runs beautifully. The ONLY graphical anomaly I could spot in the first 20 minutes was slight screen tearing in front of a waterfall.

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion/excitement on this forum. Come on people, buy this game day one! It's a bargain. Support good HD ports or publishers will keep giving us cheap ones.
#2Dragon Quest 7Posted 10/31/2012 1:31:44 AM
Rufus_the_rat posted...
screen tearing

I hate that word :/ I don't know if that comes from my PS3 but most of my games suffer from this problem (the worst of all being GT5).

Nevertheless I'll buy the game :) (I have to wait a little bit since I live in Europe).
#3Agent_XoaPosted 10/31/2012 1:53:10 AM
Konami makes Capcom look so good. It's basically that ugly chick (Konami) standing next to the decent looking one (Okami/Capcom.)

This port has been spot on for me so far, I can't really tell if something is running at 30 or 60 FPS, or if there's minor fluctuation between the two, but I've never noticed any slowdown that effected movement or gameplay. I haven't noticed any screen tearing on my 720p TV either.

Apparently there's a lot of small graphical issues that appeared in the Wii version that have been remedied in this one, so that's also a plus. Pop-in is still in there, but the original had it and it's not bothersome. Either way, I'm really happy with my purchase so far.
---
"Patience is the darkest side of power."
#4ministerkataokaPosted 10/31/2012 7:50:36 AM
This game was expertly ported. Developer HexaDrive really redeemed themselves with this one after the lousy The Third Birthday on the PSP.
---
Final Fantasy X was made for menstruating cows.