About the voices

#1ReeNoiPPosted 4/2/2013 12:20:55 PM
Thinking of getting this, but the strange noise voices kinda put me off. I think I'd rather just read the text.

Can you turns the noises off or press a button to display the whole text and have the noise stop?
---
---
#2MookietheboldPosted 4/2/2013 12:33:24 PM
You can turn down/off the sound effects to disable the voices, but you'll lose all the other sound effects as well.
---
gone inside the zero
#3MC_BatCommanderPosted 4/2/2013 6:25:32 PM
They really aren't that bad. If you grew up playing Banjo Kazooie like many did, then it won't phase you at all. 'Sides, full voice acting would not have fit the feel of the game IMO.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wcmtV.jpg
Credit to Four_Seasons for the fantastic sig pic
#4superstud69xPosted 4/2/2013 6:54:26 PM
I like em. And like MC_BatCommander said, it's really no different from the Banjo games.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#5VodkaSwivelPosted 4/4/2013 10:39:44 PM
Some of my favorite games when I was younger were Golden Sun and Shining Force, which featured "voices" similar Okami, in the way that they used blip-bloop noises in respectively higher and lower pitches for the various characters whenever they spoke.

I thought it was kind charming, so hearing a comparable style of "voicing" in Okami doesn't bother me much.
#6ReeNoiP(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 7:52:48 AM
Thanks for the input.

I chose Zone of the enders hd for now. Might give this a chance after I finish with that.
---
---
#7rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/11/2013 2:48:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/11/2013 9:20:58 PM
I normally wouldn't mind the voices, except for those times where you can't speed up the text/dialogue, which drives me absolutely bat****. The text can crawl in this game, and when that happens, the voices can start to get a little annoying.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#9SuperSocratesPosted 4/12/2013 3:41:35 AM
I found the voices bizarre at first, but grew to love them.
---
Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
#10snailienPosted 4/17/2013 4:43:20 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
I normally wouldn't mind the voices, except for those times where you can't speed up the text/dialogue, which drives me absolutely bat****. The text can crawl in this game, and when that happens, the voices can start to get a little annoying.

I feel pretty much the same. I just started the game and was hoping I would eventually be able to display entire lines of text at once and, thankfully, it's possible, just not during cut-scenes, so it turned out fine and I don't have a problem with it now.
---
"Filthy lawbreaker, unhand that vending machine!" - Casey Jones