Digital Download or Physical ?

#1Solid_PWPosted 4/14/2013 5:30:11 AM
I went to the mall today and I thought, "Hey, I should buy that game I've always wanted to try," and the guy said that it wasn't available (I live in an R3 region).

So I went back home, open up PS Store and I see, "Okami HD".

I prefer to have my games in physically but now I don't know whether to hunt down a physical copy or just buy it now.
---
"I don't believe in maaaagiiiiicccc." - Zhang Jiao, Dynasty Warriors 3
#2MookietheboldPosted 4/14/2013 6:17:59 AM
The disc version will cost you double what the digital version costs, and it's set up so that you don't actually play the game off the disc, but rather you have to download the game from the disc. So either way, you're going to download it to your system. Save yourself some $$ and just buy it from the PS store.
---
gone inside the zero
#3Solid_PW(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 7:11:32 AM(edited)
But the box. I like dem boxes.

Aside from that, my country's PS Store is a fegit and charges us way more than the US PS Store and the price, while being lower, isn't that far from the price of a physical copy.

Also, you mentioned that the disc merely initiates the download for the full game. Does that mean I can download the game only twice like all other downloaded games or will
I be able to download it countless times since I have the disc ?
--
"I don't believe in maaaagiiiiicccc." - Zhang Jiao, Dynasty Warriors 3
#4MookietheboldPosted 4/14/2013 7:09:03 AM
I don't know what it costs in other regions. If it's about the same, then get the disc version since you like "dem boxes".
---
gone inside the zero
#5rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/14/2013 3:56:08 PM
I'd have liked to have a disc version, if only because I tend to forget all about digital downloads I own.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#6Ultra BuuPosted 4/14/2013 9:38:50 PM
Solid_PW posted...
But the box. I like dem boxes.

I be able to download it countless times since I have the disc ?

I don't see why not. It is a disc after all.
---
You're talking to me all wrong. Its the wrong tone. Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
#7RyosagiPosted 4/16/2013 11:55:17 AM
Disappointed learning what the disc actually did.
---
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!
#8snailienPosted 4/17/2013 3:36:15 PM
I just started the disc version yesterday. I got it from www.play-asia.com.

I wanted the disc in case they ever decided to take it down from PSN. Plus, I just like having it on my shelf. Anyway, I don't see why some people take issue with the disc installing the game to the HDD. It's pretty much how any other disc-based game works. Most of my games install game data to the HDD so it's basically the same thing that Okami does.

You don't download it like you would from the store. It just installs the game from the disc, but it does install it just like it would if you had bought it from the store. I hear you still need the disc in the system to play the game even though it's installed (makes sense since it's a disc-based game), but I haven't bothered testing that since I don't see what it wouldn't be true.
---
"Filthy lawbreaker, unhand that vending machine!" - Casey Jones