Did I... Just kill a demon... By jumping on it? O.o

#1deadbkPosted 4/21/2013 1:32:56 AM
I've played this game at least once a year ever since I got it on the PS2 years ago. This is, hands down, my all time favorite game! With that being said, I know this game like the back of my hand. I've done stuff in this game that's pretty much redundant, but I did it anyways just to see what would happen or if something would be said. A lot of times, nothing would happen. But, I'd know. By this point, I know everything there is to know about the game world of Okami. Everything.
So, I'm going through Okami again. And, a lot of times, when I touch demon scrolls, I'll JUMP into them. For funsies. But, this time, was different. I jump into the demon scroll, and I land on the exact spot a demon was spawning. The smoke just appeared and I land on the smoke. Completely by accident. Next thing I know, I hear that demon 'death scream'. I pull up my canvas to power slash him (for the Demon Fang). But, he looked different. He was... Completely flattened! Like he was a cartoon that had an anvil dropped on him!
I've played this game at LEAST 10 times in the span of 6-7ish years. And I have NEVER seen an enemy flattened before! The only reason I don't think this was a glitch is the fact that flattening enemies by jumping on them seems like a very Okami-esque Easter Egg. But, I did try a few times to replicate the situation to no avail. I think you have to be landing from a jump in the exact moment and place an enemy spawns before it actually spawns. The second the smoke appears you have to land on it, maybe?
Has anyone else flattened an enemy before?
---
Myspace.com/DeadBurgerKing | Xbox Live=deadburgerking | Twitter=@DeadBurgerKing | Facebook.com/DeadBurgerKing |I'm The DeadBurgerKing! In case you didn't know!
#2MookietheboldPosted 4/21/2013 6:27:35 AM
I don't think I've done that, but I've played this game so many times over the years that it's possible I did it and either forgot or I just didn't take notice at the time. When/where did this happen? What weapons did you have equipped? New game+ and string of beads by any chance?
---
gone inside the zero
#3superstud69xPosted 4/21/2013 5:00:12 PM
He knew he was gonna get crushed either way, so he just accepted it and did the work for you.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#4Ultra BuuPosted 4/21/2013 11:01:02 PM
I haven't experienced the jumping on them thing, but I have seen "flattened" enemies before. Some times they would receive a 1HKO from a charged sword right before they fully spawned onscreen.
---
You're talking to me all wrong. Its the wrong tone. Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
#5deadbk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 5:30:22 PM
I had Eighth Wonder equipped as my main and Trinity Mirror as my sub. And I had String of Beads equipped, also. Yes. But, I didn't attack. I just jumped into the demon scroll. Cause I just pee on them then Power Slash them. Or I group them together for an exploding poo. I want to have a decent amount of Demon Fangs. So, that's it. No attacking. I just jumped into the demon scroll and when I landed, I saw the flattened demon falling away.
---
Myspace.com/DeadBurgerKing | Xbox Live=deadburgerking | Twitter=@DeadBurgerKing | Facebook.com/DeadBurgerKing |I'm The DeadBurgerKing! In case you didn't know!
#6MookietheboldPosted 4/22/2013 6:03:03 PM
Did you do that spin attack when you jumped at the scroll that Ammy tends to do every time she jumps? Because with the SoB equipped, I could see how that would be enough to kill it the second it spawned, making it look like you flattened it.

Or perhaps it was just a simple one-in-a-million glitch or something. I don't really know. >.>
---
gone inside the zero