i want to like this series but...

#1zoeilaPosted 7/13/2012 12:49:40 PM
coming from srw these animations look so bad :(
---
currently playing:gungnir,phantasy star portable 2 infinity,super robot wars z2 saisei hen,tactics ogre luct,hexyz force,fate extra,
#2Sid_IcarusPosted 7/13/2012 12:56:18 PM
Compared to almost everything, srw makes most animations look bad, that's why you don't compare them. They aren't even remotely the same game
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#3SazukeEXPosted 7/13/2012 1:28:18 PM
My only issue is that this series is ridiculously grindy. SRW has pacing as well and a story. The only thing that keeps me coming is the Gundams, SRW has it beat in all the other important fields.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#4ForteCanSwimPosted 7/13/2012 1:56:49 PM
SazukeEX posted...
My only issue is that this series is ridiculously grindy. SRW has pacing as well and a story. The only thing that keeps me coming is the Gundams, SRW has it beat in all the other important fields.

Yeah SRW is actually a game, G Generation always comes off as more of a sandboxy robot murder simulator to me ever since Portable (except for Spirits). If you want some G Generations with some actual structure then you should mostly stick to NEO and the handheld series.
#5SazukeEXPosted 7/13/2012 11:36:57 PM
Worlds, 3D, and Overworld are handheld ones though.
---
#6kurimawtaktakPosted 7/13/2012 11:56:50 PM
This is a totally different strategy-based game compared to SRW
#7ForteCanSwimPosted 7/13/2012 11:59:37 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Worlds, 3D, and Overworld are handheld ones though.

Handheld series doesn't mean it's for a handheld device, it means it uses the original handheld engine. So Gather Beat, Gather Beat 2, Monoeye Gundams, Advance, DS, and Cross Drive.
#8RainforcePosted 7/14/2012 11:39:39 AM
I wish this game had at least SRW Alpha 2 level animations. All missiles here look like high speed smoke grenades and all beam have this weird blue electrical effect. It was even worse in Spirits...
#9SazukeEXPosted 7/14/2012 1:05:42 PM
Well, SRW doesn't have to deal with a ridiculously large mecha roster and typically characters only stay in 1 mecha. So it lets them dedicate more time and resources on making those units neat. As well as a different set of engines and art styles.
---
#10Sid_IcarusPosted 7/14/2012 1:50:01 PM
I wish this game had at least SRW Alpha 2 level animations. All missiles here look like high speed smoke grenades and all beam have this weird blue electrical effect. It was even worse in Spirits...

The issue is that it would be impossible to do that because of the sheer amount of units. They can barely fit what's in the game already onto a umd
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit