Evolution Disappointment

#11hell_tanukiPosted 9/13/2012 5:34:43 AM
I would have loved being able to switch between the regular GP02A and its MLRS form.
---
Official "Bernie with a mustache throwing nuclear grenade" of the G Gene World board.
#12ForteCanSwimPosted 9/13/2012 5:55:49 AM
Well, the slight downside is that despite the game giving you those units, I don't think any of them are registered in the shop

Every unit you start with is registered in the shop right away.
#13PokemasterAshPosted 9/13/2012 7:10:28 AM
Maybe it was just in Wars, then. I remember having to go back and actually evolve something into Tornado Gundam to get it to show up in the shop when I went to buy one and found it wasn't there.

And yeah, I guess switching between the two Physalis modes would be pretty cool too. I wonder how Destiny Impulse is going to be treated, though. I mean, that IS still a Silhouette Pack it's got, but technically it's also a different MS (the Destiny Pack was deployed on a different Impulse than Shinn and Lunamaria's....and subsequently stolen and used by the Astray Out Frame, which we will probably never ever see in G Gen because it potentially can use every Striker, Wizard, and Silhouette made in CE)
#14hell_tanukiPosted 9/13/2012 10:12:07 AM
PokemasterAsh posted...
Maybe it was just in Wars, then. I remember having to go back and actually evolve something into Tornado Gundam to get it to show up in the shop when I went to buy one and found it wasn't there.

Yeah it was in Wars, I had to do it too.
---
Official "Bernie with a mustache throwing nuclear grenade" of the G Gene World board.
#15VegerunksPosted 9/15/2012 8:39:02 AM
I think it would be nice that instead of having all these units that have a small change in setup where otherwsie everything is the same, they should be able to change it in their ship instead of having to buy a different version. Not just for the GP02 and GP01.

If it's still the base mobile suit with just different weapons or thrusters treat it like a striker pack because that's technically what it is lol.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#16PokemasterAshPosted 9/15/2012 9:46:33 AM
Well that's kind of what I meant when I was talking about the Dom and Rick Dom, although I'm not sure if that can be applied to everything. I mean, Heavyarms Kai and Sandrock Kai were only minor updates to Heavyarms and Sandrock, but those were permanent upgrades. Now admittedly so was the Full Vernian set up on Zephyranthes, but considering that upgrade did not change the GP01's functionality or weapons at all, just its ability to perform in space, that's probably why it's a mode change now. Same reason I think the Dom and Rick Dom should be handled that way.

Unfortunately I overlooked one detail when I mentioned that combining the Dom and Rick Dom into one unit with two modes wouldn't hurt its evolution lines, and that's that the character-custom stuff isn't pilot determined anymore. Char's Rick Dom would kinda throw off my original calculations (since between Dom and Rick Dom in World, there were four things already they could evolve into aside from each other: Gouf, Aina's Zaku II Flight Prototype, Dom Tropen, and Rick Dom II). Well, I suppose there's always combination (I hope that's a little more like in Wars again, it gets pretty tedious having to evolve damn near everything like in World).
#17z827Posted 9/17/2012 12:17:43 AM
Vegerunks posted...
z827 posted...
Kinda wished that they've kept the development line according to lore - then again , how on Earth are we supposed to get the Turn A or the Tallgeese if it is so? :s

Well idk about the Turn A but for the Tallgeese a Leo?

Turn A you could probably just make a distant gundam evolution.

Lulz , if that is so the Turn A would probably be the hardest suit to create - might as well be so , it's supposed to be one of the more powerful suits after all.