Important note about Custom BGM

#41IshidaKenPosted 9/30/2012 3:15:36 PM
Ok, guys. I have tested and confirmed that the bgm will work regardless of the sample rate on b10 cfw. However, I was an idiot and forgot to back up my save data and corrupted it in the process....

This made me unsure if the process corrupted the file or b10 was unable to read it(less likely). Anyway, good luck gentlemen. Try not to do the same as me.
#42IshidaKenPosted 9/30/2012 3:39:17 PM
Sorry, I might be wrong with the sample rates. Let me see about it again.
#43HashiriyaR32Posted 9/30/2012 4:22:25 PM
The only major downside is that the NPC versions of characters don't use your theme assignments.

Let's say I gave Banager the EXVS version of UNICORN. It'll play when I have my own Banager attack, but Banager in stage A-3 won't play that theme and use the game's version of UNICORN.
---
"The 86 is a car that trains its driver." - Bunta Fujiwara
#44IshidaKenPosted 10/1/2012 9:58:46 AM
Ok, the sample rate must be changed in order to play
#45SSShakurasPosted 10/1/2012 11:12:20 AM
Ok, here's some news.

I currently have TWO mp3 in the folder.

On the "non legal" PSP ( DLed ISO & Custom Firmware ), only ONE mp3 is shown... and it end non readable with some error message.
On the Full legal PSP ( UMD & official 6.60 Firmware ), I still have only ONE mp3 showing, BUT it play fine.
---
I'm a painter; blood is my ink and the world is my canvas.
#46lucky-go-goPosted 10/1/2012 11:32:31 AM
Mine is just blank. I made a folder and put some music. Game can't even find the damn folder and I can't even select anything.

So any idea why BN made this custom BGM such a pain in the ass to use?
---
zblazer: You deserve a cookie for apparently trying to piss off every person you meet.
me: LOL. Was I really that successful?
#47Sid_IcarusPosted 10/1/2012 12:52:06 PM
It's all about being on 6.60 in general, tested it out between a few friends
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#48shiro_clanclanPosted 10/4/2012 2:50:25 AM
kurimawtaktak posted...
shiro_clanclan posted...
Everyone having issues with the custom BGM feature beyond the aforementioned 'corrupt ID3 tag' problem is a filthy, dirty pirate who is an even filthier, dirtier PSP hacker. Works fine with a real UMD on an OFW PSP! Try not stealing the game maybe?

If you're referring to me, I have the UMD. I just figured out the problem that I have the animations off at the option settings. Thank you for your time and mostly for the accusations. Good day.

Cool, wasn't referring to any one person here, was speaking in general. But the point is you're not running the latest OFW... and are probably not on the latest OFW because you're on a CFW...which is still not legit. Why are we discussing this on GameFAQs?

So ah yes...the comment still has merit. Have a drink, on me.
---
Things get damaged, things get broken... I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken left us so brittle...
#49R4gnaxPosted 10/8/2012 11:35:01 AM
Sid_Icarus posted...
It's all about being on 6.60 in general, tested it out between a few friends

True that. Same problem with the Masoukishin 2 video files used during the finisher attacks, which would sometimes play and sometimes would not. Probably has something to do with 6.60 fixing bugs in some of the I/O related PSP system APIs, or maybe a tweak/tune-up for the maximum achievable I/O throughput or something. That kind of thing is difficult (if in some cases not impossible) to hot-patch through the loaders in older custom firmware, which is why it can (and will...) break down so easily.

Furthering the discussion:
I've been seeing posts related to sampling rate and bit rates, but has anyone checked variable/averaged vs. true constant bit rate? All variations of variable bit rate used to be a pain with old MP3 decoders to some degree, so maybe this is a resurfacing of those issues? (Certainly VBR vs. CBR could explain the random speed up & slow down I've seen mentioned at least once...)
#50kouzenPosted 10/9/2012 6:55:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]