G Generation Overworld Wiki !!!

#81ForbsterPosted 10/4/2012 4:59:38 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Zechs lost Lightning Count

Are you sure about this? Have you tried switching persona? My Zechs has it.
---
[23:20] Sneetch: Sneetch<Everyone
#82ikusagamiPosted 10/4/2012 6:22:25 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...
A: Exp isn't even same for a single unit. It's ever increasing the more you level up

B: Again, exchange is by stats in general, so having it for any single unit is pointless as it doesn't take the unit into account in the slightest

A) But if the table is about listing the base stats, shouldn't the base EXP be listed as well?

B) The point of having the exchange value there is to know what your target unit would be, considering you know how to calculate these values with upgraded stats. This would work better off on a spreadsheet, but having the value handy is better than not having any IMO.
---
It's like a promise for the red mechas to be strong! - Mu La Flaga in Strike Rouge, SRWJ
#83Sid_IcarusPosted 10/4/2012 6:24:57 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...
A: Exp isn't even same for a single unit. It's ever increasing the more you level up

B: Again, exchange is by stats in general, so having it for any single unit is pointless as it doesn't take the unit into account in the slightest

A) But if the table is about listing the base stats, shouldn't the base EXP be listed as well?

B) The point of having the exchange value there is to know what your target unit would be, considering you know how to calculate these values with upgraded stats. This would work better off on a spreadsheet, but having the value handy is better than not having any IMO.

Realize that base stats have some use, base exp isn't as it will be rendered entirely insignificant within a single level. And having the value handy isn't all too possible as nobody can really say what exactly is needed to get anything in exchange. That's why you don't see much of an exchange section in any of the other games wiki's. So having it there is just downright stupid and a waste of space
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#84SazukeEXPosted 10/4/2012 6:46:18 PM(edited)
Base EXP isn't even listed in the buy window and due to how EXP works in this it would be redundant just putting the initial EXP down only. So there's no point in listing it at all since after one level up the EXP requirements are vastly different no matter what while the other stats remain static unless you change them.

Forbster posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Zechs lost Lightning Count

Are you sure about this? Have you tried switching persona? My Zechs has it.

Yes, I corrected it in the wiki, only his Zechs version can buy the ability.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#85ikusagamiPosted 10/6/2012 7:42:53 PM
Bump for great justice.

Also, I have a suggestion for using another format for the pilot specific ability, since it feels a bit uncomfortable to read as of now. It's more like how it was done for World's wiki:
http://www.ggenoverworld.com/index.php?title=Talk:Pilot_Ability_List

I can begin reformatting the UC list for now. What do you all think?
---
It's like a promise for the red mechas to be strong! - Mu La Flaga in Strike Rouge, SRWJ
#86KazamaArashiPosted 10/6/2012 8:29:08 PM
Not bad. The new format looks good. It does cut down on redundancy and not too difficult to edit to add new information. If you don't mind putting in the work to format it then go ahead :)
#87KaelAltreulPosted 10/6/2012 8:41:28 PM(edited)
When I made the first table I only did it because of how little information we had. I find the new one to look kind of... eh, but I do feel there to be a better way then what I originally created.

I like the original idea more, and find it much easier to find what I want to know... but do whatever everyone else feels is best.

Truth of the matter is I just wanted there to be a master list of the uniques. I did original and my character that way at the start because I considered them special.

Ideally, I wanted there to be a master page of all of the abilities + shop levels the way I had first, another page of all of the master skills with descriptions, and lastly a page of every pilot showing if they had a unique.

I had them on the same page at first because of the lack of information and wanted to separate it later on.

---
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.' -Edward D. Morrison
Kael Altreul - AIM/Xbox Live/PSN | 1246-8800-9585 - 3DS FC
#88ikusagamiPosted 10/7/2012 12:23:34 AM
I understand the reason of having a per character list as well, but I also don't know a better way to put that together. I think how the japanese wiki was done is a good idea, with each column showing the initial and unique abilities for a level group:
http://www32.atwiki.jp/generation-overworld/pages/442.html

The idea of separating the pages for them is nice, specially the Master Skills, since it's a new gameplay system that's unrelated to abilities.

Well, I ended up putting all the abilities into a single table rather than separating by era, to avoid repeating some skills that appear on multiple series like Newtype or Prayer. Hopefully it's comprehensive enough. I didn't replace the other list though, might be good to put it into a new page.
---
#89SazukeEXPosted 10/7/2012 6:13:22 AM(edited)
The problem with that is that not all characters learn the same abilities at the same level and it looks even more cluttered if you try and shoehorn abilities together like that. Especially abilities like Newtype that are on many characters on a variety of levels.
'
Such as the change already makes Newtype look ridiculous how far it stretches out.

However, I will concede that other than Newtype this format looks better so I'll just remove the redundant stuff in favor of this one.
--
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#90ikusagamiPosted 10/7/2012 8:35:38 AM
Yeah, the list for Newtype is pretty huge, I was like "Newtypes, Newtypes everywhere", lol.

Still, I don't know a better way to unclutter it. Maybe cut down the full names and only leave series for the ambiguous and not so obvious characters.
---