sorry if asked before but what do charm and leadership do?

#13x7Posted 10/5/2012 2:09:19 PM
I know charm is useful for warship and stuff but what having more points in charm do? Same for leadership.
#2zanivi7Posted 10/5/2012 2:26:02 PM
Charm increase the exp gain for the unit and character, while leadership increase the warship group area, master and leader area.
#33x7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 2:35:46 PM
thank you so much. Oh one more thing is there any point of putting more points into Awakening if I don't use a unit with Awakening attacks (funnels and such)?
#4KaelAltreulPosted 10/5/2012 3:08:08 PM
I believe every 5 points of awakening increases hit and evade by 1%.
---
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.' -Edward D. Morrison
Kael Altreul - AIM/Xbox Live/PSN | 1246-8800-9585 - 3DS FC
#5QuivoxPosted 10/5/2012 7:50:29 PM
KaelAltreul posted...
I believe every 5 points of awakening increases hit and evade by 1%.

This is incorrect. For every 10 points of awakening you gain 1% increase to Shooting and Melee accuracy, and Evasion. I don't know how it affects awakening weapons.

Here are the stat amounts you must reach in leadership in order to add one more to your grid area. They are cumulative, if you have 69 leadership stat you gain +2 to leadership area. I don't know if leadership has any other effect, but I doubt it. As you can see, team leaders will have to get a great deal of their area from abilities.

Team Leaders:

Warship Captain:

#6Sans PantsPosted 10/5/2012 7:54:48 PM
It might be different in this, but in World, only the Guest's charm affected exp gain for the other members of the battleship. It also affects all units assigned to the battleship's group/master. So try to get someone with max Charm and the Charisma skill in the Guest slot ASAP.
#73x7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 11:45:46 PM
wow thanks for the detailed information. How you guys find these baffles me.
#8QuivoxPosted 10/6/2012 5:32:13 PM
Sans Pants posted...
It might be different in this, but in World, only the Guest's charm affected exp gain for the other members of the battleship. It also affects all units assigned to the battleship's group/master. So try to get someone with max Charm and the Charisma skill in the Guest slot ASAP.

The guest character affects the pilots set to that warship on the basis of 2 points of Charm gives 1% more Character and Unit XP. This means if the Guest has 100 charm, everyone who is a pilot of that group, the master and team members, gain 50% more Character and Unit XP.

How much XP the warship crew gains is explained below.

Posted on 4chan:

I haven't tried it, but theoretically it's getting everyone's charm in the warship as high as possible. Unlike pilots, the charm of the crew is added together then added to the base XP they received.

This means if everyone on the warship has 100 charm, they all get 600 bonus XP. This is really powerful because if they all get the ability Diligent, to level 10 that means they get:

(XP they earn from destroying the unit + 600) * 2

Thus, as long as they get 1 XP they are all guaranteed 1202 XP.

I haven't tested this exact situation, but it should hold.
#9DragenPosted 10/7/2012 3:21:37 PM
Quivox posted...
Posted on 4chan:

I haven't tried it, but theoretically it's getting everyone's charm in the warship as high as possible. Unlike pilots, the charm of the crew is added together then added to the base XP they received.

This means if everyone on the warship has 100 charm, they all get 600 bonus XP. This is really powerful because if they all get the ability Diligent, to level 10 that means they get:

Tested this today and that's not true. Only the Captain and the Guest's charm will increase the XP gained by a warship. Increasing the XO, Operator, Helsman, and/or Mechanic's Charm had no effect on the XP gain.

Currently my test Captain and Guest have a combined Charm of 104 which gives me an xp gain of 341 from a Hell grade Zaku II. If I bump it up to 105, that becomes 342 but if I bump it up to 134 it becomes 391, so it's not a 1 for 1 increase but a percent..

If the base Hell Mode Zaku II xp amount is 167, gaining +134% xp would make that 391 and gaining +104% xp would make it 341, so that math works.
---
(\/) Read Gold Digger every month
( 'o')
#10QuivoxPosted 10/8/2012 9:39:28 PM
Dragen posted...
Quivox posted...
Posted on 4chan:

Tested this today and that's not true. Only the Captain and the Guest's charm will increase the XP gained by a warship. Increasing the XO, Operator, Helsman, and/or Mechanic's Charm had no effect on the XP gain.

You're absolutely right, I don't know what I was thinking. I think it was Lacus 5 bonus to Charm and the fact that Zaku II from A-1 gave 99 XP base. Thanks for clearing that up, and I apologize for confusing anyone out there if I did.