Rumor: next G Generation will be called Frontier

#1ikusagamiPosted 12/1/2012 8:34:09 AM
What will Frontier most likely be? - Results (29 votes)
A remake of F
20.69% (6 votes)
Another World expansion
51.72% (15 votes)
Crossover game like DS
10.34% (3 votes)
Some lame social card game
10.34% (3 votes)
Something entirely different (non-SD or based on Endless Frontier engine)
6.9% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Ready your grains of salt, it seems Bandai-Namco registered a trademark for a new game in the series called Frontier.

Main source is a trademark bot's tweet:
https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/statuses/274076245296295936

No word on which system yet, hopefully it's not for PSP :-P and I still have to finish Overworld >.<

Thoughts?
---
It's like a promise for the red mechas to be strong! - Mu La Flaga in Strike Rouge, SRWJ
#2ForteCanSwimPosted 12/1/2012 11:15:42 AM
It's a bit much to speculate what the game will be like just on one vague word but Frontier gives me a different vibe than the recent game titles.
#3avenue20Posted 12/1/2012 8:57:40 PM
i hope its on ps3 with totally new engine
#4stormeyePosted 12/1/2012 9:34:30 PM
I actually would be a little sad if there would be no portable version.

G gen series has recently become my go to portable game, when I am commuting to and from work.

Of course, the limited storage space of PSP, and Nintendo's portable devices, is quite obvious.

Hopefully release on PS Vita would solve the storage problem, so the portability would be preserved without having to cut out any content.

Also, I wish a return of classical "follow the storyline" of F style return.
#5ShogunmasterPosted 12/2/2012 4:44:37 AM
Hopefully they'll create a game called 'GOWIF' like they did with GFIF at PS 1 before move on to the next chapter of GGen series.....
#6nick9977Posted 12/4/2012 11:58:16 PM
Obliviously the next stuff they will add is all of Gundam age and seed HD and maybe a little bit of seed destiny HD hope it will be on psp

judging by the name it sound like a mobile game but who knows?
#7ForteCanSwimPosted 12/5/2012 3:27:37 AM
You just want it on PSP again so you can pirate it. -_-
G Generation sucks on PSP. There's no disc space and that causes stupid roster cuts when roster is like 90% of this game's appeal anyway, it prevents them from adding new content, and there's not even enough room for all characters to be voiced. The loading times are awful without a data install, and the performance of the PSP sucks which limits the game's performance.

And DESTINY HD will probably not get in. It won't be anywhere near finished airing by the time this game comes out. Not even SEED HD is guaranteed but it's not like there's much to add from that anyway.
#8Kaguya_KimimaroPosted 12/5/2012 3:31:55 AM
Simple solution is to put it on the PS3 then, Most people will have a PS3 by now, can't say the same for the Vita, and with it on PS3, they could add in crap more stuff, like fully finish AGE, add in more Manga Side-Stories if they wanted, make more animations look freaking sweet....

Meh, I say that cause I don't got a Vita, and really hope the next G Generation doesn't move to Vita....>.>.
---
PSN: TwilightGundam01.IMPORTANT Twilight in name Does NOT mean the stupid movies.
Noire, Yu & Labrys for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal!, DLC or 2! XD.
#9Daichi_SumeragiPosted 12/7/2012 7:17:53 AM
I want the new game to be on PS3 and now that the new SRW is out for PS3 i want a G generation game too.
---
nedaruna kachitore sasureba ataeraren
#10avenue20Posted 12/10/2012 6:17:04 AM
Kaguya_Kimimaro posted...
Simple solution is to put it on the PS3 then, Most people will have a PS3 by now, can't say the same for the Vita, and with it on PS3, they could add in crap more stuff, like fully finish AGE, add in more Manga Side-Stories if they wanted, make more animations look freaking sweet....

Meh, I say that cause I don't got a Vita, and really hope the next G Generation doesn't move to Vita....>.>.

probably multiplatform on Wii U, PS3 and Vita
like they did previously